“Even Better Than Expected”
Review of Westminster Hotel

Westminster Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Livingston
Boston, Massachusetts
“Even Better Than Expected”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed at the Westminster on Thanksgiving night at a rate of only $95 (which included a buffet breakfast). We saw that it was rated as 4 stars but didn't believe that we could get such a hotel in Livingston, and certainly not at that low rate. We were wrong. The hotel was excellent in every way, and the staff was pleasant and accomodating. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, and the heatlh club was fine (I was the only person in it). Perhaps the only negative was that most of the guests were leisure, not business travelers, and everyone went down for breakfast late in the morning, all at around the same time, and the room and staff simply could not handle everyone very well. Next time I am in the area I will not stay at the nearby Courtyard Marriott (which I always like) unless it can offer a room rate that is far below the Westminster.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Korean first
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed December 20, 2009

My daughter was recently married and the Hotel Westminster was our rendevous location. All of our out-of-town guests had beautiful rooms. The hotel was able to provide shuttles for our guests to and from the reception. They could enjoy the party and not worry about driving home. The Bar and Restaurant were also very accommodating: the bar stayed open late and I was able to offer our friends a buffet breakfast before they had to travel home. Joannie Cruz was an attentive contact and helped me through the whole process of planning this. Kudos to her and the rest of the staff.

Merredith Krekel

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
NJ
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Went for a night away with Fiance. Started with dinner at the Strip House restaurant. The bone-in ribeye was among the best I've had (what a tasty rub the chef used!) The restaurant had a retro feel.
The pool is nicely done, with natural sunlight shining through its windowed roof. The fitness center, though not large, includes some strength training as well as cardiovascular equipment and is well-maintained overall.
The standard room is has an open feel to it as the decor is somewhat minimalistic. The bed was very comfortable and soft. (Apparently the mattresses have a softer side and a firmer side when flipped over.) The windows open fully which is always nice. The sheets were bright white and the oversized bath towels had a soft feel.
No place is perfect, but the staff seems willing and friendly and the atmosphere makes for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed November 28, 2009

We've stayed in some of the top hotels in the country and this is every bit as nice as some costing two or three times as much. And the bed and towels were outstanding. It provided a great way to relax after a great Thanksgiving dinner with family.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Morristown, NJ
Reviewed November 18, 2009

First and foremost, the service is amazing. Everyone is very accommodating and professional. My sister had her 40th birthday party in their banquet facilities (which was an awesome experience) a year and a half ago. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the party and service then.

I chose to stay at this hotel again for my wedding, as it is right down the street from where I was married...and the price was great. All of our out of town guests stayed here too. Every one of our guests raved about its cleanliness and service and decor.

We also had our rehearsal dinner at the restaurant/bar there. The food there: Amazing!

Again, this place is great and it gets a 2-thumbs up from my guests and me.

• Stayed October 2009
Nutley, New Jersey
Reviewed November 11, 2009

My wife and I spent the night in November. We live about 20 minutes away but needed a night away from our year old twins. The Westminster proved to be perfect. We had a club level room at a very reasonable price. The bed was super comfortable with super soft sheets and a perfect mattress. The room is modern but not cold. The bathroom is small but they designed a nice space. Shower pressure was adequate with a Speakman shower head. What cracks me up about this hotel and many hotels I have stayed in is the televisions. Yes we had a flat panel HDTV but the feed is standard def, so whats the point?

We had a spa appointment. I can't speak for my wife's but my message was very good. Not the best one I have had as the masseuse seemed a little on the inexperienced side but she was super friendly and did a very good job. I was not disappointed. They could use a dedicated spa area as the spa is basically inside the gym which was a bit of a let down.

We had dinner at The Strip House and I was surprised at some of the mixed reviews. As someone who eats at many prime steakhouses, this is one of the better ones. Especially compared to the chains. The service was excellent. The decor is a 40s glam feel that is decorated with famous photos. It could be a touch brighter. The wine list was good, not great. It was a little on the pricey side compared to other primes steak houses but not terrible.

Overall it was a great night for us at The Westminster. We never had to leave. Hotel, spa, and prime steakhouse all in one. We would definitely go back again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is an absolutely fabulous hotel. Love the decor and the staff is outstanding. We were here for a relative's wedding and they couldn't have been more accommodating. I would highly recommend a stay here - the pool is great, our little one loved it. My husband and I were able to relax and I lost count of the staff members who greeted us and asked if we were enjoying our stay and if there was anything they could do to improve it. I hope to return!!

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
HYATT house Morristown
HYATT house Morristown
#2 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown

Been to Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!