“Very Nice”
Review of Westminster Hotel

Westminster Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Livingston
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed this past weekend with my 11 year old daughter because she had a dance performance down the street. Check in was a breeze - very polite staff. Room was impeccably clean as was the rest of the hotel. I loved the huge fluffy towels in the bathroom instead of those tiny ones you usually get. Bed was super comfortable and bedding was super clean! Very nice pool and hot tub area which was impeccably clean as well. Pool was heated to a perfect temperature. Very quiet and conveniently located near shopping and restaurants. My only complaint would be that we felt the breakfast buffet was a little pricey in my opinion but with that said my daughter had it and they did not charge the full price for her. She said the food was very good (I did not eat there as it was very early and I don't eat breakfast until later in the day if I have it at all). I would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shan3224Vernon
WestminsterMgmt, General Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your gracious 5 Star review! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and am especially happy to know that you would return without hesitation. I do hope we have the chance to serve you again in the future!

Warm regards,

Michael Polese

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The staff at this hotel is superb. From the moment that they help you out of your car, and open the door for you, to the concierge at the front desk who remembers you each of the five days you are there, to the friendly woman behind the breakfast foods (which included fresh fruit and hot scrambled eggs among other items), to the gentleman who delivered a Bandaid to our room, everyone was kind and helpful. The pool is clean and inviting. The bed is very comfortable. The robes were plush. And a shuttle service was available. It is close to the subway and trains that go into NYC. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
WestminsterMgmt, Front Office Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are extremely proud of our team and fell that they are the greatest asset. I will be happy to pass along your wonderful comments to our staff. Our goal is to have each guest leave the Westminster hotel feeling cared for so it is rewarding to hear that we were able to make you feel this way. We are grateful for you wonderful review and for your recommendation.
Hope to see you in the near future.

Westmisnter Hotel

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night for work travel. I wasn't there long but I thought the hotel itself and the room were very nice. I had a standard room with two queen beds. They were comfortable, the room was clean. The shower worked great and I really liked the shampoo and soap provided. We had a contintetal breakfast included which was quite good, eggs, pastries, fruit and coffee. The staff at the hotel were friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit. I am so glad we were able to make you comfortable and leave you with a great impression in such a short stay. Please don’t hesitate to contact me when you are ready to return and I will gladly assist you with your next reservation. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The service, rooms, cleanliness, cusine, etc... all are first class at this hotel. Every employee is helpful and professional. Everything is super clean. The best beds ever! The rates are excellent compared to the ammenities and service. Will always stay at the Westminster when I'm in New Jersey.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank B U

Dear Guest,

Your 5 Star review is deeply appreciated. We strive to deliver “First Class” experience to each and every guest. Our beds are truly amazing and we take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, thank you for mentioning them both. We would be honored to continue to be your preferred hotel in NJ. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed for three nights to heal after a surgical procedure in the hospital. I was immensely impressed by the friendliness of the front desk staff, the bell hop and valet, the cleanliness of the room, and the staff's willingness to listen to a legitimate concern of mine and quickly act, providing me with a very reasonable solution, accompanied with a sincere apology.

I would highly recommend this hotel whether it be for business or pleasure.

The Strip House should also be mentioned as accommodating, delicious, and a true dining experience.

Way to go Westminster. We needed you in Livingston. Stay service oriented as you know it goes a very long way.

I appreciate you and look forward to my next stay with you.

Thank you for everything!!

:) Andrea :)

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and happy to hear that your concern was quickly resolved up to your satisfaction.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

A block of rooms were reserved by the bride and groom for their wedding. It was a very good choice. The staff is friendly, courteous, and professional. Our room was spacious and very clean with a king size bed. The bed was a little soft for our liking. But after a great wedding ending at 1AM in the morning it was still a welcome respite. We did not take advantage of the indoor pool, although the area looked very clean, nice, and inviting. The only snack vending area is in the pool area, which is a minus. However, there are soft drink and ice machines on the floors. The bar doesn't open until 5PM when the restaurant opened which is another minus if you're looking for a drink. The bar also did not have any bar snacks, but you could order from a limited bar menu from the kitchen. There are plenty of fast food and other restaurants in the immediate area too. The grounds of the hotel are well maintained and there is a small outdoor seating area at the entrance. We enjoyed our stay here and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to read about your pleasant experience. I will be happy to pass along your kind words to our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon and hopefully this time you will get to enjoy our newly renovated pool.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I needed a place to stay in the area because of a death in our extended family.. Stressful, right? Could have been, except that we had the good fortune to find the Westminster. First of all, our room was immaculate, and the beds and bed linens were comfortable and soothing. Excellent TV, desk, bathroom, toiletries, hair dryer - you name it -- very good quality. Every staff member was courteous, friendly, and helpful when needed. The continental breakfast was amazing -- not just lots of food, but a good selection of healthy choices, which is important to us ( we are in our mid 60's). And the pool was wonderful. I was able to do water aerobics each morning before the day with family began. Getting a good nite sleep and a healthy start to the day enabled us to be helpful with our young grandchildren during the day and to face the mourning process. We are grateful for our 4-nite stay, would definitely choose it again, and recommend it, without reservation. Really fits that it's on Mount Pleasant Avenue - for us it was a very pleasant experience in the middle of the very unpleasant
(funeral) event we were in the area for.

Room Tip: I didn't rate the spa because I didn't go to it. We did bring our two grandsons to the po...