“Pretty standard business hotel on a personal trip.”
Review of Westminster Hotel

Westminster Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Livingston
“Pretty standard business hotel on a personal trip.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were a nice size. Very nice property. Beds incredibly comfortable. Parking ample. Front desk was excellent. Very personable when confirming my reservation and upgraded us to keep us away for a wedding being held in the ballroom. Carpets a bit worn. Minimal outlets in the room made it a bit difficult for
A family of four to charge our devices. Weird unecessary piece of furniture housing a mini fridge taking up a lot of the space in the room. For some reason housekeeping couldn't get their head around the concept that four people required 4 towels and would only leave us two during the course of our stay. They were very prompt in bringing them when calling. Overall I would stay here again when in the area, but wouldn't necessarily seek it out b

• Stayed June 2013
WestminsterMgmt, Front Office Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Our staff at the Westminster Hotel takes great pride in providing personable service and is diligent in ensuring that the details of guests’ accommodations are suitable for a comfortable stay. I am glad to see we were able to upgrade your room to better accommodate you. Please accept my apologies about the towels. I will share your comments with our Executive Housekeeper.
I am happy to hear that you would stay here with us again. Please contact me directly when you are ready to return. It would be my pleasure to handle the details of your accommodations personally.

Kind Regards,

zbingol@westminsterhotel.net

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel Fathers Day Weekend 2013 in a club level room.

The Good:
-very comfortable bed
-over-sized shower stall
-large parking lot/free parking

The Bad:
-worn carpet/carpet stains
-dirty light switch panel
-discolored/old toilet seat lid

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you found our beds to be comfortable, enjoyed the free parking and nice-sized shower stall. We have recently replaced the carpets in most of our guest rooms and the rest is scheduled to be done in the near future. Please accept my apologies for the dirty light switch panel and the discolored toilet seat. We work diligently to ensure that the minor yet important details like these are cared for before your arrival. I am sorry that we missed them this time in you visit. All in all, we appreciate your feedback and hope to have a chance to welcome you back.

Moers
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I travel frequently and stay in various grades of hotels. The staff are friendly enough, the rooms are fine. My aircon sounded like a 747 engine, but kept the room cool. The bar area was good with a very good selection of beer, wine and whiskey. Breakfast is simple, but sufficient. All in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you generally had a good experience. I do hope you choose to stay with us again. Our great team at the Westminster Hotel strives to provide each guest with a superior hospitality experience. We would love to have the opportunity to “WOW” you with your next visit. Please contact me directly at zbingol@westminsterhotel.net, when you return. I would be pleased to handle the details of your accommodations personally.

Livingston
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've stayed here many times and this hotel is great. The bed is so comfortable, nice linen, good and thick towels and great toiletries. I always appreciate free bottled water and bath robe. One downside is the speed of wifi is unbearable. The went from none password to password required and now none again, but it was never fast to even open web page. There are only 2 elevator areas and a lot of walk if your room is far from them. The parking is awful. It's already difficult enough to find one that's close to the gate and sometimes you can't find any, when there is a wedding or so. They never applied the miles correctly and they have my profile in about 5 or 6 versions, every time you book, they may create another profile that's what they say. And the breakfast is not as good as before. Overall, happy with it, will recommend but there are a lot of room for them to do better

Room Tip: The room is not that big so I will get a king instead of 2 double if you travel alone
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Flora H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review and we deeply appreciate your loyalty. While I am happy to hear that you are pleased with many aspects of our hotel, I am dismayed to learn that you also have some disappointments. I personally would like to thank you for sharing your both positive and "not so positive" feedback with us. We always look for ways to do better and improve our operations. I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you directly to understand the troubles you are having with your "miles”. Our frequent flyer’s program is such a great way for us to thank to our guests and also add value to their bookings. It would be my pleasure to resolve this once and for all. I look forward to hearing from you.

New Jersey
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Last Sunday, my wife rented one of the ballrooms for a Bridal Shower for our daughter at the Westminster Hotel.
The event could not have been more wonderful!
First, we were pleasantly surprised with how the preparations were well under way even before we arrived.
Second, the room was absolutely gorgeous.
Third, and most important: the staff was sensational! Peter, the "maitre d" was extremely helpful, efficient, and cooperative. He was extremely attentive to all details, and made sure that the room, food, gifts, etc. were arranged exactly how we wanted them to be. The wait staff was professional and courteous as well.
Everyone was very pleased and impressed with the event.
Thank you, Westminster, for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was our pleasure to host your "special day". We are delighted to hear that you were happy with every detail of your event and the service you received. I will personally share your kind words with Peter and his staff. We pride ourselves on the level of care provided to our guests. I am thrilled to hear you and your guests were well taken care of. We look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westminster Hotel in Livingston, NJ and loved it! The accommodations were great! Very comfortable bed and roomy room. The rooms were very quiet. We would definitely stay here again. We stayed in the king suite with a mini kitchenette.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear about your positive experience at the Westminster Hotel. Thank you for sharing some of the outstanding qualities of our beautiful hotel with Tripadvisor followers. Please contact me directly when you are in town next time, it would be my pleasure handle the details of your accommodations personally.

Warm Regards,

New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The manager was nice enough to respond to my email to put a crib in one of our adjoining rooms (not much room for the crib, though not many hotels will have room. It was a bit frustrating getting our reservation done online and finding a way to contact someone online to see if they could put a crib. I didnt see it as an option, and needed adjoining rooms so had to call to ask how i could make that reservation online (online price way better than if i made the reservation on the phone).
That being said despite my sister being at the hotel at 11am (check in not until 3pm) and asking if rooms were ready, only one was and she was told the other would be ready soon, when we came back at 3:30pm to check in still only one room was ready (yet they knew we were in the area and already asked about it.) I could not be told what time our room would be ready, so i had to call down an hour later, and they said it was ready and would send up the key, but 20 minutes later they still were not up with the key. I had to call again.
The indoor pool was nice. The beds were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and stocked. I loved the touch of tootsie pops in the bathroom and the mint shampoo is amazing! The water pressure in the shower could be a bit stronger, and the water pressure in the sink should be a bit less (splashed water all over every time i washed my hands). Thankfully we had two adjoining rooms because our room with a king bed did not have a tub, but only a walk in shower (not good with a 17 month old who wont go to bed without a bath). But the room with the two double beds had a tub, so we just bathed him there.
They did leave us a towel shy the second day and we had to call down to get more towels (what place only leaves one towel in a room with two double beds?) but they came up more promptly than when we needed the key to the room to bring us an extra towel.
Loved that the wifi was free, alot of places dont do that anymore.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of the Westminster Hotel. I am happy to see our staff took care of your special request about the crib. We appreciate your kind words about our recently refurbished pool, comfortable beds and bathroom products. While I am happy to hear that you received quick and immediate attention when you called for towels, I do apologize that you had to wait for your room keys. All in all, based on your 4 star review, I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you are in town, I invite you to contact me directly. It would be my pleasure to insure a great stay for you.

Best Regards

zbingol@westminsterhotel.net
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Hilton Short Hills
W Hoboken
W Hoboken
#1 of 2 in Hoboken
The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown

Been to Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!