“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Livingston
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Had a nice stay here during business trip only complained air conditioner very loud in room. Breakfast was adequate. Nice outdoor area to enjoy chilling out. There is also a nice indoor pool. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
WestminsterMgmt, General Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay in particular our newly refurbished indoor pool and our beautiful new outdoor patio. I am sorry that you found the air conditioner unit to be loud in your room. I am researching your record to have our engineering team take a closer look at this unit. I'm very happy to hear that you would stay with us again. To that end, please contact me personally if your travels bring you back our way. It will be my pleasure to insure every comfort for you. My direct line is 973.548.0036.

Safe travels!

Michael Polese

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights for a conference. The positive aspects of this hotel include very comfortable beds and convient shuttle service. The sheets were changed regularly. The lobby area and pool area are very clean. The negative aspects include older batheroom fixtures with poor shower pressure and no fans in the bathroom. My bathtub was not cleaned for the entire 8 days I was there. I even left a note for the housekeeper to clean the bathroom. The sink and toilet were done but the tub was never cleaned. The complementary breakfast was of poor quality - especially the coffee.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank J P
WestminsterMgmt, General Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review! I appreciate your kind words about our beds and shuttle services. It is interesting that you give us high marks for cleanliness in our public space and pool as well as most parts of your bathroom.

I must admit that your claim that we did not clean your bathtub for 8 days when all other parts of your room were serviced every day is shocking to me! I would appreciate speaking with you directly about this. Clearly, this is totally unacceptable so it would be most helpful to me to learn more details about your stay so that I may follow up with our housekeeper and her team. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I do look forward to speaking with you.

Beijing, China
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed in Westminster hotel for over one week. Was quite pleased with friendly hotel staff. Wifi is free without password login and speed was fast up to 20 mbs. While air conditioner in the room is a little bit noise and had to shut it down.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank your for your wonderful 5 Star review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. If I can be of service in the future, please call on me.

Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hotel has a very European feel to it, modern furnishings, everything very compact but nicely fit, you don't feel cramped, just economized! The hotel breakfaast leaves a little to be desired, really just fresh fruit in a small room that you do feel cramped in. They have showers in the room, so Tub lovers will be disappointed. Beds are very comfortable and the internet connection was perfect!. The hotel was very pricey for what it delivered, but with limited choices in the area, I guess they can charge it and still be in business.

Room Tip: Get a room in back away from the raod and the noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We do know that there are always options out there, so we work hard to make sure that our guests are as comfortable as possible. You should know that our hotel has a mixture of showers and tubs (about 50/50), so if you would prefer a tub, please let us know and we would be happy to accommodate that request. if I can assist you in the future, please call on me.

Cape Elizabeth, Maine
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This past weekend we stayed at the Westminster Hotel for 2 nights. The hotel is comfortable and clean, and the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The beds were also very comfortable; there was a safe in the room, and the coffee machine in the lobby made good, complimentary coffee, which was available all the time. The pool was clean and well kept, and the gym, although crowded, was well equipped; although one of the two treadmills had controls that didn't work. There are a LOT of events at this hotel. The noise from some of the late-night party-goers was audible and unwelcome. In addition, the fan in our room did not work, nor did the fan in the bathroom. We reported this to the front desk before we left for the day, but nothing was fixed upon our return. At night our room became very warm and we were unable to cool it down without opening the windows which we would have preferred to keep closed because our room was on the first floor. We completely turned off the heat, but this did not help so we finally opened one of our windows, but not both because the handle of the crank on the 2nd window was missing. The breakfast buffet was very disappointing - it was quite limited, and the cost was an unjustifiable $15. The choices were dried-out scrambled eggs,pre-made french toast, fatty bacon, bagels, cream cheese, yogurt, fruit, dry cereal and roasted potatoes. Nothing was made to order, and all of the food seemed to have been sitting around for a while, even though we were practically the first ones in for breakfast. We had been told at the front desk that we could order a la carte from the breakfast menu, but when we got to the restaurant, we found this was not the case. The wait staff at breakfast was unfriendly and not helpful. It might have been a better choice to head down the road to the local diner. The last thing I will say about this hotel is that it is a darn shame that they do not appear to have any recycling. There are little bottles of spring water available all over this hotel, but not a single recycling bin to be found. There is much that this hotel could do to be more environmentally friendly. With the one aspect I could find, "Hang up your towels so we don't waste water washing them"; there was only 1 single hook for one towel in our bathroom - no rack and no other hooks. How serious can the Westminster really be about the guests hanging up and re-using towels? It would go a long way if this hotel would provide ample hooks in the bathroom to hang up to 4 towels, and provide a recycling bin next to each trash can where newspapers, empty plastic beverage cans/bottles and paper could be deposited for recycling. I would stay at this hotel again if I were in the local area, but first I'd check to make sure everything in the room worked, that I was in a quiet part of the hotel, and I would not plan on eating breakfast there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from party or event-goers. Check the room to be sure the heating and cooling syst...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your kind words about our staff, service and general experience. I am happy to know that you would return. We have a strong commitment to green practices and this is currently evidenced in many ways. As you point out, there is a linen re-use program in place to conserve water. I must admit I never thought about additional hooks in the bathroom. I really appreciate that suggestion and I will work on finding a way to add this necessary feature. Still, you should know that we are among the first hotels in NJ to supplement our energy with an active solar grid on our rooftops. We use energy efficient lighting throughout the hotel. Our toilets are low-flow to conserve water, and we are working on adding a full recycling program this year. We are adding Dyson Airblade technology to our public restrooms to reduce the need for paper towels. Our in-room directory and all of our services are now automated on our televisions to reduce our paper usage. Interestingly, we attempted to remove bottled water from our fitness center and replace it with a water cooler, but many guests requested bottle service to be returned. Change, however much it makes sense, is not always easily accepted.

Should your travels bring you back to our area, I would be most grateful to handle the details of your stay personally.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Traveled many times and never left a review but thought I’d give I’d give TripAdvisor a try.

I stayed at the Westminster while visiting family in the area from Boston. I stayed for about 4 days and enjoyed it very much. I opted for a club room when booking because it said it came with club access and a free drink each nice which made the surcharge seem like a decent value.

Room:
The room was spacious and very comfortable beds- on pair with Four Seasons many other high end chains, but the pillows were rather poor and without a doubt could be replaced and clearly showing use. The bathroom is decent size but very clean and modern looking. The room also came equipped with a large desk which was convenient to setup your laptop and work or eat room service or watch TV. Next to bed is also a mini lounge but its weird design and lack of comfort made it hardly usable. The club rooms also let me into the business center on the bottom floor next to the gym. It’s adequate and has computers if you don’t have your own to use and during the week they have munchies which can save you some money or fix a random hunger. I never used the gym, but it seemed to have a few machines you need to get an okay workout in.

While driving on the highway and given its location, one may think it’s a motel or nothing really of it, but once you enter inside its very lovely and hardly anything motel like. The lobby is very modern and always kept clean. They have in a corner a coffee maker and free newspapers for guests to use. There is also a pool if you wished to go swimming which one of the ladies at the front desk, Gabrielle told me was getting renovated sometime soon although it didn’t really show any signs of aging. She was also very help many other times during my stay and always friendly in the morning. In fact everyone staff wise I met with seem very nice and friendly. One of days my brother and his family and I decided to go into the city. Kevin & Alan were working one night and gave us much help planning our trip into the city from which trains to get on and where the best place to park. Alan even gave some great NYC locations to try even though this wasn’t a hotel in NYC he seemed to know a lot. I also needed some extra toiletries and within 5 minutes a young girl named Nia (I think?) was at my door eager to help.

Dining:
I stayed Thursday to Monday. For breakfast my first and last night they had a small typical continental breakfast at no charge. Considering it’s free, you get some eggs, yogurt, toast, cereal and fruit. It’s more than enough to fill you up fast. During the weekends you can order room service or they have a buffet you can try. I ordered breakfast on Saturday before heading to the city. I also ordered room service for lunch and dinner once when I wasn’t at my brother’s house. I never ate in the dining though so I can’t say much about that, but did have some drinks at the bar and it has a very swank lounge atmosphere. The female bartender, Jess was awesome. Very friendly and funny and knew how exactly to make my drinks. For room service I had scallops and salad one time and steak and the biggest bacon I’ve ever tried for dinner one time. All the times dining, the food was delicious. Some people may complain about prices but if you travel enough you know what to expect.

All in all I had a great weekend and would come back anytime and would consider again in the fall during the holidays.

Thanks,
Joe from Boston

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Joe,

Thank you so much for your wonderful and deeply detailed review of our hotel! I have personally thanked all of the team members you mention. It is truly great when special people are acknowledged in this way. Your comments go a long way toward reminding us that small details really matter and are really noticed. Reviews like yours inspire us to do more and go further with our commitment to deliver great service. Please contact me should your travels bring you back to our area. It would be my pleasure to handle the details of a future stay personally.

Florham Park, New Jersey
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for business. Good fitness center. Odd parking situation in back of hotel made me uncomfortable coming into hotel at night. Hallways confusing. Well kept up and clean. Good service orientation. Restaurant was good and room service timely. Would recommend.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WestminsterMgmt, Front Office Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be well kept and service-oriented. We also appreciate your nice words about our restaurant and the fitness center. In regards to your comments about hotel parking; I am very sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable parking in the back of the hotel. I’d like to let you know that we offer complimentary valet service. You can also rest assured that the town of Livingston is considered one of the safest towns of Northern New Jersey and in addition, we have security officers on duty 24/7.

Thank you again for your feedback and we are happy to hear that you would recommend us to others.

Best Regards,

Zohre Bingol
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Hilton Short Hills
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
The Westin Jersey City Newport
BEST WESTERN Turtle Brook Inn

Been to Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!