“When in Rome do as the Greeks do!”
Review of Lithos Restaurant

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eagle Rock Ave
Description: Greek Mediterranean Restaurant with cuisine in the style of Innovative American fair.
Reviewed March 19, 2018

This is definitely a Greek restaurant. From the signs at the front dest explaining what Lent meant and the menu items in greek and english.
The receptionist was very cordial and smiling and sat us immediately, although there were not that many patrons at the time we went.
The waiter came over rather quickly and took our water order and gave us the menu and wine list. Bread followed with a sort of hummus lemony butter substitute. I would have preferred some olive oil, especially being greek as they were.
The had a wall of iced fish to chose from, and they are sold by the pound, there were many smaller fish, I guess because of the charges, they wanted to keep them more reasonable.We chose meat dishes as in Lamb chops and Lamb Shank. Both were good. The lamb chops were ordered medium rare, and they came out medium to well, and were too dry for my taste. The shank was good, but lacked some of the vibrant flavors that something cooked for 6 hours should have. Also it was very heavy in fat, which made it a bit awkward to handle and cut.
The tuna tartar was good, a bit on the spicy side, but still good.
The dessert was mixed, since we had the greek feta cheese cake and the profiteroles.
I would have preferred staying with just coffee, since the cheese cake was a bit on the dry side, and the profiteroles were refrigerated and the taste was stale and not fresh. that is my favorite dessert and this one did not live up to my expectations. The waiter was really a nice person and did his job well.
My thoughts are that they watch what comes out of the kitchen, and maybe get a focus group of diners to critique the food every once in a while in front of the chef. The value was fair, but on the expensive side.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

The minute you walk into Lithos, your welcomed by a fresh, modern decor style. Fresh fish is displayed over ice, large, cream colored booths are attached to the wall for comfortable seating, and a stone fireplace from floor to ceiling in the dining room awaits to be crackling with embers. The food is a delicious cross between Americana and Greek. Start with Lithos chips and a Greek salad, then work your way to either branzini fish or short ribs. End with a Greek dessert and you will be more than satisfied that you’ll scream “”Opa!” on your way out.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant! The staff is very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is comfortable and inviting and the food is really good!
Nice bar also!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed March 1, 2018

From the minute I walked in, I knew I would like this place. Many years go, this was a steak place called Merrigan's- also delicious. Now it is excellent Greek. The ambiance is beautiful, great lighting, woman's room is prettiest I have seen in a very long time- with lovely hand soaps, lotions and lavender florals. I sat at the Bar for fun and it was. The young lady with the great personally and smile was my server. She was terrific in every way. She answered all my menu questions from entree to dessert. Definitely returning. As an added plus, when I recognized the pickled kumquats on the dessert (which I love and my Mom made when I was a little girl), she and the Chef gave me a small plastic container to take some home...with the vendor address. Unbelievable.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 24, 2018

Was at Lithos in January 2018 for a business meeting. There was ample off-street parking. The dinner was in a room in the basement, so parking by the back door preferred. There were several meal choices (picture) of which I picked mousaka (picture). The baklava (picture) was nicely presented and tasty. The (men's) bathroom was pleasant.
Of negatives, the hostess was abrupt and a bit rude. The wifi required sign-on to Facebook. The "coke" tasted like RC. The prices are a bit expensive for what is obtained.

Date of visit: January 2018