“Greek Goodness”

Thavma Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Thavma Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was in the area on a Saturday to have lunch and decided to try Thavma Mediterranean Grill based on positive reviews. First thing first. I want reviewers to know Thavma posted their complete menu, lunch and dinner, which is located on the street level. After we were seated and reviewed the menu, we noticed it was missing the lunch menu so we inquired about it with our waitstaff. We were told lunch menu is not served on the weekends and the dinner menu is what they serve instead. However, the waitstaff made one exception and allowed us to order from the Lunch Specialties and Flatbread Wrap section. For me, eating dinner portions is a little too much to eat during lunch time. If it is Thavma's policy to conduct their business this way, I'm fine with it but it should be noted on their menu that is posted on the board at the street level and website so all new customers know beforehand. For those who plan to go there for lunch on the weekends, call ahead and see if they made any policy change after the posting of this review.

I ordered the Lamb Lunch Kabob and my wife ordered the Chicken Flatbread Wrap which both came with their special Greek Fries. Thavma had a special kids menu which my daughter ordered the pizza. After we placed our orders, they brought out a basket filled with sliced pita bread which was warm and very slightly toasted with a hint of butter taste. The pita bread was awesome and I probably could have eaten a lot more and made that my lunch. I enjoyed my lamb and it didn't have any hint of lamb or gamey taste that is usually associated with it, rather it tasted more like a steak. My wife and daughter enjoyed their lunch as well and we especially loved the Greek Fries which is different than any other fries we've had in the past.

I like the atmosphere and decor of the restaurant and it had that Mediterranean feel. They have an outdoor patio where you can dine outdoors as well. The staff were very polite and courteous. I would recommend dining at this restaurant and I do hope that they change the policy and allow customers to order from the lunch menu during lunch time on the weekends.

2  Thank BTFeedback

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I eat here quite often with friends for lunch. The salads are great and so are the Greek specialties. I think the portions are a good size. The wait staff is friendly.

4  Thank SusanK815
Reviewed May 5, 2014

It's a good local restaurant, but not my choice. You pretty much must have a reservation on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings or you will wait a very long time. Food is usually pretty consistent, but last visit my wife's fish special was excellent whereas my lamb and orzo was not very good.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I went with friends.I had a Greek salad, fish,wine.and dessert. All well prepared. Attentive service, a reasonably priced place. In the warmer weather there is an outside area on a deck which is a very enjoyable way to have your meal.

2  Thank jeremy t
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is our "go-to" local restaurant. Whenever we want to have a reasonably priced meal we can depend on, whether with family, friends or just our twosome we go here. We've gone for lunch and dinner. Our apps are always excellent. We love the hummus, tzatziki and beets to start. I also order the calamari which is tender and crispy...always uber fresh. For entrees, some are meat eaters and they order either beef or lamb gyros or platters. They report them to be delicious. Those of us who are vegetarians who will try fish/seafood occasionally, have had the scallops and shrimp with platters, as gyros/wraps or in salads. The grilled veggies are scrumptious! We have never been disappointed. You must try their Greek Fries. It's hard to stop eating them. The servings for everything are way ample and we generally take home leftovers for the next days lunch. Desserts are "to die for."

Only downside if any, is the noise level. It can get a bit loud sometimes. We have a favorite corner table though that puts us out of the fray :). You can't go wrong, if you want no-nonsense "good eats."

4  Thank Jersey M