“Okay but it is a low 3”

Thavma Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Thavma Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The restaurant is pleasant and there were more customers than I expected for a Tuesday night but it was not crowded. The staff is friendly and did an adequate job. I did get a little annoyed with the constant topping off of the water glasses even after we clearly said no - but that is a minor annoyance.
The prices were reasonable and at no time did we feel rushed. The food was okay but on the bland side which surprised me. They could enhance the meal with more spices to add some flavor. The reason I rated the food at 2 is because I didn't feel it deserved a 3 and they didn't offer a 2.5 which is what I thought it rated.
Even though we were satisfied, neither of us felt that we would be hurrying to return for another dinner.

1  Thank njslim

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Loved this restaurant! Outstanding food that was refreshing and delightful. one of the best babaghanoush i have tasted and the Baklava was a mouthful! The salad had generous bits of feta cheese. Must go for Greek food lovers.

3  Thank nalini v
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I don't know anything about Greek food, but when my family wanted something different, we tried this place out. I'm VERY happy we did! Since I'm perpetually on a diet, I've been here several times and tried their different salads. ALL are excellent, especially the Spinach Salad which I elected to top with grilled calamari. What makes this dish amazing is the creaminess of the feta. My husband raved about his flounder while my son, a self-described "calamari-a-holic" adored their fried calamari. For dessert, try the Greek yogurt flavored with walnuts & honey. Healthy and incredibly creamy. The service people are enthusiastic & eager-to-please. A wonderful place!

3  Thank NjMoma2
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Upstairs in mall. Has outdoor dining. Great lunch place. Can be noisy but price is right. Service erratic. BYOB

3  Thank ritafcohen
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have only taken out food from here, and the greek salad is very good, and you get a very large portion even for a small salad. Grilled chicken added to it really makes it a huge meal that is large enough for two people. All of the dishes I have taken out are tasty and the portions generous.

4  Thank NewJerseyMari