“jacuzzi room was the best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rodeway Inn Capri

Rodeway Inn Capri
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Ferry
Bronx, New York
“jacuzzi room was the best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

We normally go here just to get away.. we even request a certain room (215) for our home away from home. After traveling into the City for something different and finding nothing we decided to visit our home away from home. The first night we stayed in our usual room but honey on the second night we upgraded to the jacuzzi room. First let me say that the room was beautiful!! I was really surprised at the decor and it really made the moment special!! The staff.. well let me say "Thank You for all you have done" You were kind, generous and very professional!! The only draw back was that the cd player in the room didn't work and the remotes had tape on them to hold in the batteries. Other than that??? What can I say?? You will be seeing us again for Valentines day!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bigbamgrant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

This hotel, motel, inn- what ever they call themselves is the most disgusting unsanitary place I have ever been in. I requested a non- smoking room and the blankets in this non-smoking room had cigarette burns in them. The sheets had stains ( I had to touch them with my fingertips in fear) and the toilet was gross. The air was musty and was recently sprayed with air freshner to mask the odor. I didn't even stay after observation of the room and checked out immediately without bothering to fight for a refund of 69 dollars.

• Stayed September 2010
4 Thank nini19861

Travelers are raving about these Little Ferry hotels

New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

No windows to be opened, Air con is o.k.but at night disturbant, location of hotel "at the end of the world", fortunately Bus stop of the 165 in front of the door, this goes directly in 45 minutes to 42th street to Port authority´s bus terminal. Cost: 5.50 per trip. So if going with wife / husband / partner: this is additional 22.- bucks a day has to mentioned. The drive is partly along the Parview / Fairview street with a great view to Manhattan West side. Thi is worth a trip. The hotel itself is calm, too many carpets to be cleaned. The condition of the rooms are Motel-style like. So nothing severe against staying there, no mentionalble breakfast, absolutely no additional.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mickix
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

Overall opinion: The motel is really cheap, so don't expect too much in terms of decor or service. I highly recommend this place if you're on a tight budget.

More in-depth review:

My friends and I stayed at this motel for 3 days and 2 nights. The location is really convenient. It's near a bus stop that will take you to NY. The bus trip costs $4.25 each way. It's more convenient to buy some bus passes at the Port Authority Bus Terminal.

The motel is also right next to a H-Mart (Korean) grocery store. If you want to save some money, then you can buy some food and store it at the motel. The motel room provides a mini fridge and a microwave. Free continental breakfast is provided everyday, but I cannot comment on it since we've never tried it during our stay. Unfortunately, we never got a chance to try the buffet connected to the motel. I've heard great reviews (from NJ locals) about it though.

The rooms are very basic. It would be nice if there were more outlets though. Cable tv and free wi-fi internet is available as well. The bedding is really worn and someone actually wrote on the blanket in permanent marker.

The housekeeping staff is really nice. However, the front desk people are not friendly in the least. They really need to improve their attitude.
----------------------------------------
What we did during our trip:

Day 1: We purchased a NY One Day Pass from http://www.newyorkpass.com/prices.aspx

A one day pass costs $75 (adult).

This pass allows you to visit several attractions for free. There's a list of qualifying attractions on the website. This pass does not provide for free transportation, so you're pretty much on your own in the city. I don't recommend buying this pass unless you or someone in your party is good with directions and is comfortable with taking the subway. My group personally went in the wrong direction at almost every single turn, so that part was not enjoyable in the least. I have no sense of direction either so I was of absolutely no help.

On the first day, we went to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. I was quite underwhelmed by this exhibit and would have rather gone to an art gallery/museum. The wax museum would normally cost $35.50 (adult).

The 2nd stop was to the NBC studio for their studio tour (normal price = $19.25). The tour was interesting and the studio hands out tickets for certain shows throughout the day. I just wished the tour guides didn't stuff 15 people into each elevator. It was quite uncomfortable.

Right next to the NBC studio is Top of the Rock (normal price = $21). I highly recommend this. The view is absolutely stunning. The only drawback is that the view of the Chrysler building is blocked by The Met building.

Our last stop for the first day was to Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises. We did the 2-hr Harbor Lights Cruise (7 pm). Don't be deceived by the word "cruise." It's pretty much a no-frills ferry boat ride. You can buy food on the boat if you want. "You'll circumnavigate Manhattan Island and see it all - 3 rivers, 7 major bridges, 5 boroughs, over 25 world renowned landmarks and, of course, a magnificent close-up of the Statue of Liberty" (The New York Pass). I don't recommend this for the younger crowd since they're more rowdy. This boat ride is more of a peaceful, quiet ride. If you're with a rowdy group, don't go on this cruise. I enjoyed the ride. It's a great opportunity to take pictures of the surrounding cities.

Day 2: We went to Chinatown, which is really close to Little Italy. All of the restaurants (in Little Italy, Chinatown, or K-Town) display their menus on the street so you can compare the prices. We had dim sum (I can't recall the restaurant name). Dim sum in Chinatown is really cheap. You save so much money eating dim sum if you're with a big group of people. Chinatown also had a bunch of bakeries. The pastries are very unique and tasty.

And I had the best gelato in Little Italy. I wish we were able to go to one of the Italian restaurants. The restaurants all smelled so delicious.

The last stop for the night was K-Town (Korea town). We went to Shilla Korean Barbecue. The food was quite yummy. If you eat family style (instead of ordering individual entrees) then the staff will cook the meat directly on your table. It's not a hibachi grill, so don't expect fancy tricks or anything. And the drinks were good as well. Be sure to visit the bakeries around K-town!

Day 3: Went just back to Chinatown for some shopping and I bought a ton of pastries.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
6 Thank dojx
augusta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2009

We've stayed in many hotels in NYC and have found them to be way overrated, overpriced and snooty! We discovered the Capri Inn and had 4 rooms for five days. The rooms are large (in comparison to NYC), a little worn, but clean enough! Comfortable beds, microwave, fridge, nice water preassure, nice hot water. Free parking! Very safe and secure! The beds are plastic wrapped, which makes me happy cause that either means that they have had a problem with bed bugs and are working on it, or they have taken preventative measures. It is a popular truck stop, so they may rent by the hour, as stated in another review, but it's quiet anyway, so who cares! And yes, if on the first floor, people can see in your window unless you close your curtains, but is that not the truth anywhere?

The bedding is a little worn. We asked for an extra blanket and an extra flat sheet. We moved the bedspread off the bed, added the extra blanket and then enclosed the blankets with the extra sheet. That made it very pleasant and we didn't have to touch the blankets or use the bedspread at all.

Someone else commented that the staff is not good. Well, they can't be talking about the maintainance and housekeeping staff. I was greeted each day with waves and smiles from them. But the front desk staff, well, they are foreigners and are a little hard to understand, but they took care of us just fine. Of course, we all smile a lot and when we have a problem, we know it's not the guy behind the desks fault, so, we don't get made at him. Maybe if you come on too strong, they are not nice, I don't know. We also asked for wake up calls every day and got them every day too!

Another complaint by a reviewer mentioned that the breakfast was no good. That is true, and they only run it till 8am, which is rediculous, however, there is a dunkin donuts right next door and a nifty Hmart grocery store. We brought our own coffee pot and coffee.

It is about a 30 minute drive over the GW bridge, depending on traffic, so if you are looking for a cheap place to stay while touring NYC, I would suggest this hotel if you have your own car. At $75.00 per night ( and weekly, pay 5 nts. get 2 free) You can't beat it. It's also easy to get "last minute" accomodations.

Before we rented, we stopped at all the other hotels on that highway and those rooms were either filthy or way overpriced! We chose the Capri in the endfor the price, the clean, large rooms and the secure area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sheilabobeila
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2009

Thank you, Capri Inn for a memorable stay. I enjoyed the surly staff person behind the bullet-proof glass in the lobby. Learning that the hotel offers hourly rates added to the charming ambiance. The overpowering chemical smell in the room and the soiled blankets were the icing on the cake. On the upside, the mattresses were encased in anti-bed bug covers and the "no visitors after 10:00 pm sign" in the lobby made me feel nice and secure.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank DadaCabaret
new jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

I stayed at Capry Inn for 10 days looking to rent an apartment in the area as I was relocating from another state. The staff at the reception is very unpleasant. Even though you are in front of them, they pretend they don't see you. I got a room at the first floor, with the broken mirror and an awful smell. There is no way to open the window and there are no blinds to the window either. If your room is at the first floor, then you need to stay with the electric light on all day long and to cover your window with the courtain, otherwise all people in the parking will see everything you do. It's really awful to have all day long the impression that it is night. The second day I asked for a room at the second floor, but I couldn't get one, even though not all rooms were occupied. I told that I would stay there for 10 days, so, whenever a room at the 2nd floor would be available, to change my room. This never happened, even though the hotel was almost empty during the week days. Whenever you go for breakfast there is nothing. If you ask the staff, they say that somebody before you just took everything. In 10 days only once I got "breakfast", this meaning two 2inches croissants for 2 persons, with no other choise. I don't talk about the old furniture and linen. For me the most unpleasant was the staff unfriendly attitude; they were behaving like you arrived there to disturb and bother them, like it wouldn't be their duty to provide you services for your money. I don't recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Ridgefield Park
#2 of 2 in Ridgefield Park
Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
BEST WESTERN Fort Lee
BEST WESTERN Fort Lee
#3 of 6 in Fort Lee

Been to Rodeway Inn Capri? Share your experiences!