“Always delisious”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2019

There are 2 locations for this restaurant, both are consistently delicious. We have always had good and quick service, possibly because we eat on the earlier side. Also just returned from a trip to greece and can say the food is very authenticand as good as some of the meals we had over there.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Recently made a reservation for 4 at 7 pm. Arrived 10 mins early. Waited 10 minutes for the receptionist to greet me so I could advise him if our reservation.
He occupied himself with calls and discussion with coworkers and continued to ignore us.
I could tell he had no clue what he was doing. I finally ask if he was going to talk to me about my reservation.
He looked at us and confirmed he had a reservation and nothing further was explained.
We wait 20 additional minutes when I could no longer move out of the way of constant foot traffic and we just left.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 27, 2018

Both Stamna locations (this one and the one in Bloomfield/Montclair) had been coasting for awhile ... hence, I'm guessing, the recent decline in reviews ... but I'm happy to report that they seem to have gotten the message, and both service & food have returned to their previous high levels.

As a person of Greek heritage I can attest that their menu is very authentic, and much more varied than the usual spanakopita/gyro/souvlaki/moussaka Greek fare. They have those too, of course -- moussaka is one of my favorite dishes in the world, and theirs is the best I've had outside of Greece. But try a grilled whole fish! (They'll filet it for you, if you don't like your dinner staring at you.) Or my wife's favorite (and one of mine too), the Thalassina platter (grilled shrimp, calamari & octopus). Or any of the specials, particularly if they're making a plaki of any kind (fish baked with tomatoes & onions). The ocean is never very far from anywhere in Greece; nobody does seafood better than the Greeks.

Everything is scrumptious, so you really can't go wrong. I have literally never had a bad meal at either Stamna location ... and there are very, very few restaurants I can say that about.

Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

Average at best...

Entered the restaurant with my wife and thinking after seeing that we were the only ones there that we could choose where we would like to sit and enjoy a nice lunch. That was not happening!! After picking a table they suggested we sit in the outer section by the street not once, not twice but 3 times to sit where they wanted us to sit. So we did. We ordered appetizers and must say very disappointed. The Greek salad had no lettuce and dry, the Greek meatballs which came out late and told they were being made fresh were raw and the dip was average. The entree’s, well the lamb was not prepared to our liking and not fresh at all. The grilled chicken and the rice were cooked to perfection and was the only dish i would recommend. Very disappointed and Not returning to either one of your places.

Reviewed December 13, 2018

Been eating at Stamna for years, and this is our go-to place for seafood. The whole branzino is standout as are the lemon potatoes. Appetizers such as sardines (yes, sardines) and calamari are outstanding. Being a BYOB is perfect for the setting. Outside seating is preferred in any season. Highly recommended for families and couples.