“Outstanding House Made Soups and Pasta”

La PizzaTega Restaurant
Order Online
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Linwood
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed November 5, 2016

Stopped in for a bite. We've lived in the area for 10 years and never knew this place was here. Turns out La PizzaTega, {yes, that is the name, not simply Pizzatega as shown here on tripadvisor) has been in business for more than 20 years.

We pulled up and saw the storefront. It is in a little strip mall off US Route 9, i.e., New Road across from Central Square shopping center. We went inside and we were very warmly greeted by our server. She was very helpful, patient and informative. We had questions about the menu, which she was eager to answer. Her enthusiasm for the food was infectious! We tried the minestrone and a soup di giorno, both of which were made on the premises with fresh ingredients and both were outstanding. We both had a cheese involtini and they were exquisite. An involtini is house made pasta, covered with a filling, then rolled up and sliced into individual servings, much like an ice cream roll cake. I HIGHLY recommend. We can't wait to go back and try other menu items!

Just a note of caution for those of us who like wine with dinner, they DO NOT have a liquor license, but you may BYOB.

Date of visit: November 2016
2  Thank Elman1952

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Can't say anything bad about Pizzatega.... But it just seems average to me. Food is OK.. again not bad. But it is a normal Italian restaurant that does a decent job.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank everybodylovesitalia
Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

Love their food!!! Went for a late lite dinner, ordered two Involtini dinners so that we could take the leftovers home for next night. Imagine our disappointment when I took off the takeout lid and saw somebodies ravioli! Called the restaurant, they took my name, apologized, and told us to come in for a replacement. Husband stopped in today.....they gave us two complete dinners, two salads and two loaves of their awesome bread! Now THAT is how to run a business!!!

Date of visit: October 2016
2  Thank khmulligan3
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

The owners at LaPizzatega know how to do classic Italian cuisine well. Three daily lunch specials, fresh bread, house made soups and delicious pizza headline this local Favorite. Closed Sundays.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 21, 2016

I didn't expect much from a pizza place, so I ordered the pasta primavera. WOW!!!! It's incredible. Honestly, it was so good that I did not try anything else that we ordered. I love vegetables and the broccolli was perfect, it had peas, carrots, spinach, mushrooms and also came with whole wheat penne. They included enough sauce so it was juicy. I can't stand when restaurants skimp on the sauce. (I did request extra like I always do, but that doesn't mean they always comply). Definitely will use them often. (Already have).

Date of visit: May 2016