“Awful service”

Dining options: Reservations
Tinton Falls
“Awful service”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had a reservation for 10 or more at noon today, Friday. We all were seated quickly in a pretty and nicely decorated banquet room and became 13 for a casual lunch of retirees. Service seemed slow taking drink orders. There was one nice waiter for us who admitted he had been there only one week. The drinks arrived a few at a time with him asking who had the ...? for many of them. When my black coffee arrived, cup and saucer, it was room temp., so I asked for hot. He said they would make a new pot and he did and it was very good. When it arrived, he put the cup down, no saucer. Much later when I asked for a refill, he brought the cup on a plate, not a saucer. Eventually, he took our orders, but he was not familiar with the food. When I asked what the sandwiches came with, he said "I think chips or fries". I said that if they did not come with fries, I'd like a side order of them. When my sandwich, alone on the plate, finally arrived with the side of fries, I asked about the chips. He said "I thought it came with them, but they don't. Would you like some?".. One of my companions asked what was in the oriental salad, and his answer was "I don't really know, but it's very good". 10 minutes after taking the food orders, they brought out 2 baskets of bread for the tables. 20 minutes later, he came out to announce they were out of chicken salad. At 1:15, one of the diners went home without getting any food. 5 minutes later I asked the mgr. why we still had no food, and she went to check on it, but never came to update us. The lunches finally came out one tray at a time, with the waiter asking again "Who had the ...?". I asked him if he had written down what we each had ordered and he said yes, but the list was in the kitchen with the expediter. It took a few minutes for each tray of plates to appear, but we eventually all got served. Many said their lunches were very good; my OK sandwich had a very thin layer of salmon salad with lettuce and tomato for $9 and on the extra large serving of fries was not very hot. None of us wanted to stay for dessert or coffee.

• Visited December 2012

Ocean, New Jersey, United States
“Lincroft Inn”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a quiet restaurant in Lincroft. The food and service are both very good. The building has gone through some renovations, but still retains its "old bones". Great place for a get together. Good for medium to large sized parties.

• Visited October 2012
NJ
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Years ago, this was one of the better restaurants in the area but it went thru an ownership change, and then back to the original owners and hasn't been the same since.

We went back after an absence of about 15 years and we were quite disappointed. The waiter was nice, but very untrained. My wife ordered the filet, and he didn't know what bernaise sauce was, and instead brought some beef broth. We sent it back, and it turns out the cook didn't know what it was either, or was unwilling to make it. It was a quiet evening there, and bernaise is pretty easy, so I think he just didn't want to bother.

It was pretty much downhill from there.

There did seem to be quite a few people in the bar, so may be its more for that crowd these days.

The dining room seems rather old fashioned.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank NJBeachCouple
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Mediocre”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Went there on a Sat night around 8pm and was surprised only 2 tables were filled. Service was average, prices seemed a little high for the food. My husband got the filet Mignon which was very good but the sides with it weren't ($30), i got the salmon which was decent with a tart as a side which was very dry (20 something). For dessert got the sorbet selection which was delicious. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, low ceiling with apparently original beams and the restaurant has an interesting history. The tavern which is attached seemed to be doing a pretty decent business, sounded busier in there.

• Visited March 2012