“Asian Diner”
Review of Asian Diner

Asian Diner
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Ledgewood
Reviewed December 1, 2016

I believe this place is listed twice on Trip Advisor. I was very confused with this place. What is an Asian Diner? The food was ok, but could not get the past place out of my mind .

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed October 27, 2016

What is an Asian Diner? Not sure who was on the panel for selecting names for this place, but using the name Diner in New Jersey implies a whole different division of food. Getting past the name, the Decor has not changed much from the last place that was in there, which was not a the best place for food. It is hard to put those images aside, but in all fairness to the Asian Diner, I will do so. Chinese Food is like an acquired taste in that you get used to the same way your favorite Chinese Food prepares your dishes. The Asian Diner would be a great take out place since I will not sit in the same booths that were left there from the last place. The Food was Good across the board. Just the other intangibles are a train wreck from the Name to the Decor.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Lou F
Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

Word of mouth about this new restaurant among our friends has been good. Finally tried it.

This is located in the front of a local hotel. Very large restaurant with booths and tables. Newly renovated and comfortable, they avoid most of the stereotypes.

Service was very good as was the food. The portions were generous and the ingredients were fresh and good.

My wife had beef with scallops, excellent. The scallops were large and tasty, the beef was tender. Served in a medium brown sauce that did not overwhelm the dish.

I had a Thai dish, noodles with pork, chicken and shrimp. Good, my wife's was better.

So, they offer lots of variety, the name Asian Diner" fits. Sushi, Chinese, Thai, Hibachi without the negatives of someone cooking in front of you and sharing a table with strangers.

Will certainly go back.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank fnct
Reviewed September 13, 2016

This is a new restaurant in the Quality Inn on Rt 46. The uniqueness is that there is a variety of Asian foods. Thai, Japanese, Chinese items are on the menu. Sushi also, and is very good. Some dishes can be blends of different Asian foods. Four of had lunch the other day and all of us were very pleases. The service was also terrific.

New restaurants usually have a lot of service issues. We saw no problems. We asked questions, asked for suggestions, ordered, and god our food promptly but spaced out between courses properly. The owner even stopped at our able to ask if everything was okay. Nice touch.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 30, 2016

This restaurant just opened in August. We decided to give it a try. The menu is very extensive offering Chinese, Japanese, Hibachi Thai noodles and Sushi choices. They also cater to vegetarian and steamed diet choices. Staff is very friendly and gracious. Decor is very lovely and feels most comfortable especially in the large booths. There are several appetizer choice, we simply had egg rolls. Very tasty and fresh. My wife opted to try the House Mei Fun and requested beef instead of pork. No problem accommodating this request and no extra charges were incurred. It was excellent, very tasty, large portion and prepared just right. I decided to go with a Noodle Soup Bowl. It was a large serving with plenty of dumplings, chicken and you can have your choice of noodles. I went with the lo mein noodles which were fresh and tasty. We were very pleased with the service, freshess of the food and staff. I look forward to going back soon and trying other dishes as I feel confident you will be happy with any of thie choices.

Date of visit: August 2016