“average fare, average service”

Chelsea's Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #19 of 26 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: American, Bar
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nothing fancy here; outdoor dining is nice if you can get it, otherwise it is standard pub atmosphere. Food adequate, but nothing extraordinary or exciting. Pretty extensive menu, though

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have been going to Cheleas for the past 6 years since we moved to the area. It used to be a great place to go and eat and have a drink. We would get take-out at least once a week and never had a problem. Then, about a year to 18 months ago, the problems just started occurring on every take-out order we received. We would order a sandwich and we would get a salad, wrong dressings, lack of something, etc. Obviously, this was disappointing so we stopped attempting to get take-out from them for awhile. We would usually call and complain but who wants to go back out to get something fixed? We had coupons left for us at the bar etc, but, we would rarely ever remember to use them.

Then, in Feb of this year, we were celebrating my birthday and I made the unfortunate suggestion of getting take-out from Cheleas. It is close by and so I thought it would be fine since it had been awhile since the last time we ate there.

There were 4 orders. 1 was correct. 1 burger and bun was burnt to a crisp (Pic posted) 1 pizza was the wrong one and was burnt to a crisp (Pic posted). 1 order was completely missing

We decided to call and we took the food back to the restaurant and got our money back. We brought the food back and showed the staff/managers. They agreed that they would not have eaten it either. How in the world did burnt items leave a kitchen? Never again Chelsea's. It is too bad because we really liked you. There is a newer restaurant in the area that serves similar fare and is much better. We will just go there. They haven't messed up a take-out order yet.

1  Thank NJ_traveling_along
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I go here about once a month, and the burgers are excellant. However, if you like it done meduim, you usually have to say medium rare, Other then that, you can't go wrong here for two or the family. We've taken my daughters family (three kids ages 10 thru 14) and everyone has plenty to eat, and absolutely no complaints.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

As a bar, I cannot judge, but as a restaurant, it was an average destination. It's a small tavern with perhaps 10 tables but almost as many TVs. It was pretty low key on Sunday afternoon watching four diffenent NFL games. The blackened salmon salad got a 'Two thumbs up" from the family and I can say the pesto chicken panini was wonderful.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were seated in the green house and told it was heated and comfortable, it's not. While the heat is on its fine but then the 10degee drop in tempature begins nd it gets cold before heat kicks on again. I said this to a waitress and was told that it gets warm, not!