“Good food..dismal service”
Review of King Tut

King Tut
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: Egyptian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: King Tut Restaurant adds a new taste to the neighborhood; a delectable Mediterranean and seafood & grills as well as a variety of vegetarian options such as hummus, baba ghanoush, falafel and taboula. If you love Mediterranean food you'll love King Tut's menu; authentic dishes with Mediterranean influences that creates a culinary journey for the palate. Open for Lunch, Dinner and Brunch. Take-out delights such as beef & chicken kabob, falafel sandwiches and Mediterranean salads. Private parties for small or large groups. Order online for pick up or curb-side pick up. We offer catering for all occasions.
“Good food..dismal service”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We had heard about King Tut from a friend of ours and made a reservation early in the week in anticipation of busy Saturday scheduling. Upon arrival to the restaurant the receptionist had no record of our reservation on this crowded Saturday evening. There was a great deal to and fro ...conversation between the receptionist and what appeared to be the manager and another gentleman who entered the fray. After about 20 minutes of standing around we were finally seated. The place was crowded and noisy no doubt because it's popularity enhanced by a decent review in the Times that had just come out that day.
There was no doubt from the moment we sat down that the staff which appeared to be mostly family were clearly overwhelmed by the demands of a full Saturday night crowd.
A heavy-set fellow was noted to be running feverishly around the restaurant attempting to placate anxious diners.. Assuring them that their food was "almost ready"
Meanwhile a mostly inattentive waitstaff were consciously avoiding tables whose food was nowhere near ready
It took us a full 25 minutes before our wine was uncorked and poured. Another 15 minutes lapse before an ice bucket was brought. An incredibly 45 minutes passed before we were offered menus or bread. It was an hour before our initial order was taken and then approximately 35 more minutes before the appetizer course appeared. The food was not bad but hardly the best Mediterranean food that I've eaten recently. Lamb shank was tender and tasty but the chilled core belied obvious reheating. vegetarian casserole was bland overcooked with mushy vegetables and excessively salted. Other dishes like the eggplant cake appetizer and beef tenderloin were quite good but the overall experience was greatly impeded by inadequate service.

Lebanon, New Jersey
“Different from the rest”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch there today and were pleasantly surprised. The Mediterranean food was delicious and the flavors were refreshingly different and choices on the menu were varied and interesting. I had the oxtail tangine which was so tender and yummy. My husband had sole with spinach. We shared the arugala salad and the lentil soup which was superb was a freebee! We can't wait to go back for dinner. They serve goat which is cholesterol free and delicious, but always sells out.

Visited November 2013
Oldwick, New Jersey
“Quality Food, Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I enjoy gourmet food. King Tut produces very high quality food for a very reasonable price. It is also a BYOB so you can bring your own wine. We have eaten there several times. It has been consistently good food and service. I don't classify it as "very" mid Eastern food. Certainly it has a very mid Eastern flavor but this is not your typical mid Eastern fare. I have had several fish dishes which have been very good. The meal comes garnished and with very nice sauces. We had the Mousaka appetizer and it was excellent. We also had the appetizer plate which has a bit of everything. They have many specials which, unlike many restaurants, are similar in price to the menu prices. The manager/owner is quite helpful. The ambiance is pleasant.

• Visited October 2013
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Magical Experience of culture in Egypt with the view of the Nile”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I'd like to start this review by saying "this restaurant is absolutely fantastic." I have came here for a birthday celebration with my mother, father, and sister. We were warmly welcomed in by friendly owner and waitresses. We shared "meza" for appetizer which is a combo of hummus, babaghanoush, falafal and other delicious appetizers made to perfection. I had the red snapper for an entree , lovely. My mother decided to try the O so best duck in the tri state area and it was truly the best! My father had the king tut lamb shank! He enjoyed that to the fullest. Last but not least, my sister had the stuffed chicken special. Prepared beautifully with a creamy lentil sauce. It is truly amazing how this restaurant succeeds in chicken, fish, duck, and meat dishes! Not to mention the homemade desserts were to DIE for!! Every bite felt like a party on my tongue. To conclude the night my parents had some awesome green tea, my sister had the daring turkish coffee and I finished up with an iced Hibiscus tea which was ravishing and healthy. Overall, I recommend king tut for everyonel, kids including. The staff was attentive and great to talk to. Thank you so much King tut for being the gem of Lebanon, Nj. Cant wait for next time!!
K.a.

• Visited November 2013
Ringoe
“Delicious Variety and Fun”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Located in strip mall in a deserted part of Rt 22 with casual charming ambience. Aladdin (yes - really his name) took care of us throughout the evening. He was funny, charming and attentitive. So many enticing specials we had a difficult time choosing. We shared mezzas of hummus, babaganoush, grape leaves, wings, eggplant special (so good we are craving it the next day), falafel - all excellent! Entrees of rack of veal, shrimp Cajun style, Algerian style lamb shank (prunes and almonds) were superb! Orange Roughy with pomegranate sauce was good - not great. Dessert selection ranged from baklava, feta cheese cheese cake, almond cake with apricot topping, Almond crème, traditional vanilla crème, and others.....we chose 3 and ALL were EXCELLENT!!! This is a 45 minute drive for us....however we will be back....OFTEN! Absolutely delicious!

• Visited October 2013