Courtyard Lebanon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stopped here on our way to the cruise port in Bayonne. This place is just far enough out of the NYC range that you don't hit any traffic getting to it or encounter the outrageous prices found in Newark and NYC yet are still close enough to the port that you can get up in the morning, go out for breakfast, and be at the port before noon to board the ship. Very convenient.

The hotel was your typical Courtyard. Clean, comfortable, and quiet -- with amenities typically oriented toward the business traveller on a budget. The only downsides are perhaps that there is limited restaurant options in the immediate vicinity (but not more than a few miles drive away) and the interstate facing side of the hotel does experience audible traffic noise. It's not too bad as they seem to have well insulated the windows from a sound perspective, but if you want absolute quiet be sure to ask for something away from the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor (to keep from hearing any heavy footed individuals in the room above...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Greetings,
Thank you for commenting on your experience at the Courtyard Lebanon. Your observation on location is exactly what we tend to tell many of our travelers. The location is perfect for taking that travel rest and starting right back up in the morning. We do have a Bistro open for breakfast and Dinner on the property and we also have local restaurants driving distance and many that deliver if you choose to go that route.
We hope to see you again at the hotel and we hope that your cruise is an enjoyable one!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here on a recent busy trip and its just what you would expect from that type of hotel. The bar is decent as is the food.

It's tricky to get out of the hotel at night if you don't have a car as there is a busy interstate to cross to get to downtown Lebanon.

One thing to be careful of is the charges. My company prepaid for the hotel but they also charged my credit card. Not impressed by that at all.

Overall a reasonable hotel for a short business stay but its not cheap and watch the charges.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Greetings,
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard Lebanon and we hope to have you again! In regards to the mishap in charges unfortunately during the time of your stay we had a system outage that resulted in a handful of glitches, one being the processing of your credit card. I truly apologize but I do appreciate your patience and understanding.
If you have any future reservation needs you can feel free to communicate with me directly and I will assist to the best of my ability.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I've stayed at this Courtyard a few times and always find it to be a good value for this rural part of NJ. Clean, modern, comfortable rooms, a decent work facility, and friendly staff willing to help with whatever they can.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Greetings Rob,
Thanks for reviewing your stay at the Courtyard Lebanon!
I am excited to see that we have met your hospitality needs during your visits to our hotel.
Since you mentioned that you do stay with us on occassion, please feel free to use me as an avenue to assist with any needs you might require.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Very tranquil, 'the' place to be if you want to be away from the bustles city life. Consequently, the location is quite far from the malls and restaurants. Room and restaurant was alright. Reception was alright as well and staff were courteous. Great thing was the Starbucks in the lobby .

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Greetings!

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay at the Courtyard Lebanon. I am excited to see that you found our staff courteous and welcoming as it is there top priority when it comes to ensuring that our guests have a pleasant experience.

If you have any future needs please feel free to utlize myself as a personal laison. I would be more than happy to assist.

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The usual basic Marriott offering, pool, gym etc. Bed was really comfortable and room was clean and spacious.
Complimentary coffee was in the room but packets containing sugar and creamer were open and missing sugar and creamer.
Great if your visiting the local major business premises, selection of eateries within a 10 mile radius.
Happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Lebanon C, Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2015

Thank you for the review and for staying here with our property. We look forward to your return to provide you with a problem free stay. Thank you again..

Reviewed May 10, 2014

For a business trip, this hotel was great. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice. I did not use the bistro downstairs or the pool. One piece of advice, I wanted to hook up my appletv but it wouldn't connect to their wifi. After one of the front desk staff tried to help, we decided to call the Marriott help desk. Within 5 minutes my appletv was connected to their wifi.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 23, 2014

As courtyards go this is on par with most of the rest however the service was so nice (especially from Dennis Perez) that I had to bump the rating up a notch. Here are some helpful tips....
1) located just off the highway and nearby to multiple eateries, the location is convenient if you are in lebanon
2) lobby has been upgraded and there is a convenient biz center and cafe on site. After hours market is well stocked too
3) rooms are a good size and clean
4) free parking
5) free internet
6) service - as I said, this is why I moved the rating from a 3 to a 4. Dennis was very helpful for any questions I had. Service counts in my book

Overall, I would certainly stay here again if I was in town

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank thehelpfuldad

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Hampton Inn Clinton
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Courtyard Lebanon? Share your experiences!