“Very good hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lebanon
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I've stayed at this Courtyard a few times and always find it to be a good value for this rural part of NJ. Clean, modern, comfortable rooms, a decent work facility, and friendly staff willing to help with whatever they can.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Greetings Rob,
Thanks for reviewing your stay at the Courtyard Lebanon!
I am excited to see that we have met your hospitality needs during your visits to our hotel.
Since you mentioned that you do stay with us on occassion, please feel free to use me as an avenue to assist with any needs you might require.

Regards,
Courtyard Lebanon by Marriott
herbert.duartejr@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Riyadh Province, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Very tranquil, 'the' place to be if you want to be away from the bustles city life. Consequently, the location is quite far from the malls and restaurants. Room and restaurant was alright. Reception was alright as well and staff were courteous. Great thing was the Starbucks in the lobby .

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Greetings!

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay at the Courtyard Lebanon. I am excited to see that you found our staff courteous and welcoming as it is there top priority when it comes to ensuring that our guests have a pleasant experience.

If you have any future needs please feel free to utlize myself as a personal laison. I would be more than happy to assist.

Courtyard Lebanon by Marriott
herbert.duartejr@marriott.com
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The usual basic Marriott offering, pool, gym etc. Bed was really comfortable and room was clean and spacious.
Complimentary coffee was in the room but packets containing sugar and creamer were open and missing sugar and creamer.
Great if your visiting the local major business premises, selection of eateries within a 10 mile radius.
Happily stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
Lebanon C, Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this review, April 16, 2015
Thank you for the review and for staying here with our property. We look forward to your return to provide you with a problem free stay. Thank you again..
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

For a business trip, this hotel was great. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice. I did not use the bistro downstairs or the pool. One piece of advice, I wanted to hook up my appletv but it wouldn't connect to their wifi. After one of the front desk staff tried to help, we decided to call the Marriott help desk. Within 5 minutes my appletv was connected to their wifi.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

As courtyards go this is on par with most of the rest however the service was so nice (especially from Dennis Perez) that I had to bump the rating up a notch. Here are some helpful tips....
1) located just off the highway and nearby to multiple eateries, the location is convenient if you are in lebanon
2) lobby has been upgraded and there is a convenient biz center and cafe on site. After hours market is well stocked too
3) rooms are a good size and clean
4) free parking
5) free internet
6) service - as I said, this is why I moved the rating from a 3 to a 4. Dennis was very helpful for any questions I had. Service counts in my book

Overall, I would certainly stay here again if I was in town

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank thehelpfuldad
lebanon, nj
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Brian at the front desk was awesome and saved me a lot of time with his help. The helpful friendly staff made my stay delightful. Whenever I am in town I will stay at this place. It has my highest recommendation.

• Stayed April 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Our visit to the Courtyard, Lebanon was just ok.

First impression -- Friday early evening - the young woman who checked us in was very nice -- off to a good start, but...

Second impression, the Lobby -- Really?? Enough with the orange! (Is that a Marriott corporate preference?) I suppose they believe their lobby is modern and trendy, but I found it to be rather ugly and cold -- not at all warm and cozy. It's winter and the fireplace wasn't even on. Huge pots with painted bamboo; fake grass on the table. Odd-looking furniture; sofas and chairs were not terribly comfortable and showed signs of grunge. Business center was located along one wall of the lobby; open and airy with several stations, but no screen privacy.

Third impression, the room -- pleasant enough, though the tv was placed sideways to the bed, making it difficult to view comfortably; tv signal was intermittent with much digital breakup. Odd-looking and hard sofa. View from front of hotel upper floor was decent; no highway noise (as others have reported on other side, but we did hear the train.) Bed was comfortable; slept well the first night... and then...

The purple and gray party arrived! Congrats on you marriage, but did you really need to commandeer the lobby, empty the entire fourth floor ice machine, and then have your guests spill out into the hallway and slam the door into the wee hours of the morning??????????? Poor sleep on night two. Please have some consideration for your neighbors. Clearly, as noted by other Tripadvisors, this hotel often books large groups. Please be considerate of non-group travelers and offer us a room away from the group blocks!!!!!

Other disappointments...

No breakfast or coffee unless you pay for it separately --ugh, $tarbuck$$-- and don't even bother with the in-room "coffee". (Score one for Hampton and other hotels that offer 24/7 coffee in lobby and a decent breakfast included in the price of the room.)

No jacuzzi-- we booked this hotel, counting on hot tub for my back -- based on an old trip advisor photo that shows one next to the pool (tripadvisor / nanachgirl, please remove the photo). Alas, the spot by the pool was bricked over (as I later saw in another photo AFTER we arrived at the hotel).

Location-- a bit difficult to find esp. in dark; confusing since there are two entrances from Corporate Dr. to Route 22. We came in one and unknowingly exited on the other side the next night. There's not much to do nearby; directions on restaurant sheet to Fine Diner were just plain WRONG, but Sat. desk clerk shrugged it off w/ no apology.

Last impression -- Sun. am desk clerk merely reached out and took our room keys; she couldn't be bothered to ask our room number or if our stay was ok. (Likely, she knew about the party atmosphere in the lobby and upstairs and didn't want to hear any negative feedback-- for the record, we did not complain about the previous night's noise, but would have been justified to do so.) Marriott, please be considerate of non-group travelers and offer us a room away from the group block of rooms.

We will be returning to this area for a future event, but we'll choose another hotel next time...

-tbt
rfg

Room Tip: front side of the hotel is likely quieter; upper rooms have view of "mountain?"
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank btdt9192
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Greetings,
First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard Lebanon. We appreciate your input as it is a valuable tool that we utilize to improve our service delivery. I would like to take the opportunity to address some of your concerns.
As it pertains to decor, i am sorry that you are not happy with the colors that were chosen for our lobby and bistro area. Courtyards that have undergone the renovation were all given the opportunity for different color pallettes and for our hotel we felt that this pattern would suit the hotel well.
The Guest Room - I am happy that you enjoyed the comfort of our bed and we will research the reception of our guest room tv signal as many of our channels have been converted to HD to assist with any signal break up.
Group Noise - On occasion the Courtyard Lebanon will have the opportunity to host social events and it is our responsibility to ensure that our guests are not disrupted by noise and increased hotel traffic. I apologize that on this occasion you were placed near a group that we hoped would not cause disruption. We always attempt to be as proactive as possible and I apologize that on this occasion we fell short.
Breakfast - Courtyards currently do not offer free breakfast and/or free coffee in the lobby. We do have weekend/weekday packages that our guests can book that will include breakfast, however it is not a free offering to every guest.
Jacuzzi - My apologies that you were misled by another picture posted by a previous guest. That photo has been flagged for removal.
Location - I am happy to say that we have recently upgraded all of our exterior lighting to assist with identifying the hotel.

I would love the opportunity to have you back at the hotel and if there is anything I can do to assist with winning back your trust please feel free to email me herbert.duartejr@marriott.com

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences as our goal is to always improve and your input is definitiely appreciated.

Respectfully,
Courtard Lebanon by Marriott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Hampton Inn Clinton
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg
Hampton Inn Flemington
Hampton Inn Flemington
#1 of 3 in Flemington

Been to Courtyard Lebanon? Share your experiences!