“Better suited to the business traveler”
Review of Courtyard Lebanon

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed there for 5 nights during Christmas because it was the most reasonably priced hotel in the area. Our room was fine. Clean, quiet with a comfy bed, microwave/mini fridge, a sofa and desk. We are usually up late and sleep late. The reason I point this out is that breakfast (which you have to buy) ends at 9:30. We were unable to get anything to eat for breakfast because we slept in and missed out. The hotel is a little remotely located so there aren't too many places nearby to grab a bite. We discovered that there is a great seafood market (Metropolitan Seafood) right on the corner of Rt 22 that has a great takeout menu and they are also willing to cook up any of the fish to order. We ended up getting takeout from there a few times and enjoyed it in our room. The hotel seems newly refurbished and the staff are friendly and accommodating. The Marriott Courtyard franchise really is more for the business traveler and probably meets their needs really well. We were on vacation and would have liked amenities we typically get at a Residence Inn or Fairfield Inn--like free breakfast, coffee, tea etc. That said, we had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jonsha
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Courtyard Lebanon. We strive to deliver top notch service and a friendly and comfortable visit. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your trip and most of all that you would consider us in the future. I apologize about our breakfast hours and I will make sure that our staff is more diligent about informing guests of our hours of operation in the future.
Thank you again!

Courtyard Lebanon by Marriott
herbert.duartejr@mariott.com

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Lebanon

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Visitors eastbound on I-78 will need to exit about 2 miles west to reach the hotel so be sure to understand clearly the directions beforehand. The hotel is right up to snuff on Courtyard standards, lobby and public areas have a fine appearance, staff cheerful and courteous. The Bistro dining area was not open due to low occupancy (!) The room assigned was spacious, very comfortably furnished, excellent bed, linens and room heating. Quiet - no corridor noise, well removed from traffic noise, perfect. Bath well fitted out, spacious, excellent towels, bathmats etc, Overall excellent bang for buck. As this is on a route used several times a year, I will certainly stay here again - the entry back to I-78 East is hardly half a mile from the hotel and very convenient. No comment on dining or breakfast - see above.- there is a very good tavern about a mile away so I had no problems.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Greetings,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Courtyard Lebanon. We are excited to see that your visit was enjoyable and comfortable. I apologize about the closure of our Bistro, but I do hope that our staff was willing to direct you in the right direction as it pertains to dining opportunities in the area.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Courtyard Lebanon by Marriott

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed overnight enroute from Cincinnati to Rhode Island. Tricky to find - it looks like it's right next to the highway exit (if you're headed east), but you have to get off one exit early and drive 2 miles parallel to the interstate - not a problem, just unexpected. Driveway tough to find in the dark and not well marked. However, hotel was clean and staff was friendly. Decent breakfast service (though for a charge), free papers & Starbucks coffee. Decent restaurants nearby (we had a great meal at Chelsea's, about 1-2 miles up the road). Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Greetings,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Courtyard Lebanon. I am extremely excited to see that we were able to provide a comfortable stay and that our staff was friendly and accomodating. We take pride in making sure that all of our guests have a wonderful time and I see we accomplished our goal! We hope to see you again! Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

You know the floor-plan and modernized look all too well, but what makes this hotel so special is the staff. They are quick, efficient, cordial and engaging. They really make you feel at home.

The breakfast gal was clucking over clients like a mother hen, directing the drowsy guests to the coffee, asking if they'll be back again on Monday, inquiring how they enjoyed their oatmeal. This woman clearly enjoyed and took pride in her work.

The front desk clerk at check-in was quick and later when I returned to buy some snacks, didn't make me wait til he'd checked in the next guest to pay, instead catching my room number and saying "I got it".

Wow. Whoever handles HR at this property should be a case study for the entire chain. I'm Gold Rewards and have NEVER seen a nicer, better staff. Kudos to all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side of the hotel that's NOT facing the Interstate... much quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Greetings,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at the Courtyard Lebanon. Our goal is to make sure all of our guests leave 100% happy. I am extremely excited to see that our staff was able to provide a memorable experience. They pride themselves in service delivery and they will be excited to see your comments!
We hope to have you again!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I checked in late and left with late check out. Check in went pretty quickly and the staff was courteous.

When I got to the room it was a good sized room that was clean as well as a clean bathroom. The beds and linens were in good shape, so I fell asleep quickly and woke up fine the next morning. The AC is a bit on the noisy side, but it didn't keep me from falling asleep.

I would go back and and would not hesitate recommending it to anyone who is looking for a clean and not to expensive place to stay. I had a slight problem and the staff was very understanding and accommodating . Thank you and see you again. John B.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Greetings,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at the Courtyard Lebanon. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide a fantastic experience.
We take pride in making sure our guests leave happy and we are excited to see we accomplished our goal. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This place has a nice vibe when you walk in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for my trip. But, still not 5 stars, and not 4 stars because....The rooms were just average, the bed was uncomfortable and the air conditioning/heating was loud, which can be good if your neighbor is loud too as the walls are thin. The wireless, while free, does not have much bandwidth, so I kept getting knocked off trying to finish work later at night. I think floor 3 is a smoking floor because my non smoking room smelled of smoke both days I returned from being out without the A/C on. Despite this, I will stay here again as there's not much else close to where I need to be.

Room Tip: Face the front, the rear rooms front I-78
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Herbie D, General Manager at Courtyard Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Greetings,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Courtyard Lebanon. I appreciate your honesty regarding your visit as constructive criticism is always appreciated. I am sorry that you experienced some noise issues during your stay and that wireless was not working adequately. Our goal is to make sure all of our guests leave 100% happy and I am excited that you still found our hotel as an acceptable place to visit. If you are ever in the area again and need assistance with reservations please feel free to reach out to me as we would be more than happy to have you again.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Friendly staff, clean room, the hotel looked like brand new. Room size was excellent and was sound-proof. The common area has comfortable couches to watch a show of sit and read. There are plenty of computers at your disposal as well. I've stayed at Courtyards before, and just like the other ones, servide at the food kiosk was slow, but if you aren't in a rush (or plan ahead, which I didn't do), the wait won't bother you. But that is a minor complaint and shouldn't take away from the great stay I had.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings,
I am so glad to see your stay was comfortable and enjoyable I truly enjoy the fact that you were able to identify the friendly service at the hotel. We pride ourselves on making visits memorable to ensure that we can make Courtyard Lebanon a possibility for future stays.
If you have any future needs please feel free to let me know!

herbert.duartejr@marriott.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Hampton Inn Clinton
Hampton Inn Flemington
Hampton Inn Flemington
#1 of 3 in Flemington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville

Been to Courtyard Lebanon? Share your experiences!