“nice dining experience”
Review of Acacia

Acacia
Reserve with OpenTable
Acacia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: "Inventive American Cuisine"- We are a BYOB restaurant.- We are closed Mondays.- We are less than a mile from Rt 95 and just a few miles south of Princeton. - We have free parking.- We are street level and easily accessible for wheelchairs.
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Saturday before Mother's Day, with my wife and daughter for a Mother's Day treat. And it was. The service is calm and knowledgeable, the food is expertly done, and the price is reasonable, not least because it is BYOB, so the restaurant price load on wine is off the table so to speak. My shrimp and grits appetizer (creamy polenta actually) was excellent, the shrimp both very fresh and barbecued for flavor. My veal chop--a special that night--was HUGE and perfectly cooked. I am glad I was very hungry because the chop nearly defeated me. I fought back hard and ultimately triumphed. My wife and daughter both raved about their dishes too.

All in all, worth doing.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Friday evening dinner, restaurant quieter than usual, maybe 25 people there when we arrived for our 7:30 reservation. Another 12 - 15 arrived after. Service and ambience were terrific. Had a classic ceasar salad to start which was good. Could improve it with larger and tastier croutons. Partner had shrimp baked in pastry. These were outstanding. Three shrimp wrapped individually in a filo style dough and baked with a tangy sweet fruit sauce accompaniment. These were impressive. For entree's had the wild boar shank which was very good, and a very nice portion. We also had one of the specials, monk fish which was prepared with a savory medley of diced vegetable in a chutney styled sauce. The shrimp appetiser was the exceptional item and should also be available as an entree. VERY, very good.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

For years I have driving by this place thinking, how cute, outside seating, I bet this place would be great! So, I finally got myself a gift certificate from restaurants.com & met a friend there. The menu is limited but if you are not a picky eater, you will be able to find something. Most items *sounded* great! The waitress was very friendly & not typical for a (what I now call) ‘snotty restaurant’. She actually was able to make recommendations & friendly chit chat, so points for the staff, however the food was not even close to worth their WAY over priced menu. For $33 my filet should be PERFECTLY cooked & bursting with flavor. It was neither. Even the mushroom gravy was lacking in flavor, this was very disappointing. Mashed potatoes are hard to mess up but again, for this type of restaurant, I was expecting more. I will say the Brussels sprouts were good! There is no bar but they are BYOB but I did not find this info on the website (this might have been very helpful). There is a dessert menu with a few items, also overpriced but I did not care to take my chances. The atmosphere was VERY quiet, this was a bit un-nerving as there is not even any background music. I like to enjoy conversation during a meal, I felt like I was in a library! Parking is ample in the back & easy to get to but with outside seating, it might have been nice to visit in warmer weather. IF the food was up to par for the price.
I hate to write such a negative review but for all the pomp & fair… the experience was very disappointing for this foodie :(

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We wrote our last Acacia review almost 2 years ago, in April 2012. Since then, we have been to Acacia quite a few times, and are happy to report that the restaurant is doing good. The menu gets some nice additions now and then, there is always a choice of specials, the food is consistently very decent, and the service is attentive. The BYOB continues to contribute to the budget-friendliness of the place. Recommended.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Brought a party of 17 here for New Years Eve. Everyone raved about the food. Servers are wonderful, management is very accommodating. We dine here regularly and it is also a magnificent fine dining experience for lunch or dinner.