“Absolutely Amazing!”
Review of Vidalia Restaurant

Vidalia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vidalia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 206 or Gordon Ave.
Transit: 10 minutes from Hamilton train station and 5 minutes from 295 North or South.
Description: Welcome to Vidalia, Lawrenceville premiere destination for gourmet cuisine and impeccable service. Accented by soft lighting and elegant décor, Vidalia aims to please and succeeds in doing so. The professional staff caters to its guests’ every need making sure not to cut corners and only offering the finest, highest quality ingredients. The menu is vast and eclectic showcasing an impressive selection of Authentic Italian specialties. Treat your guests to an evening that they won't soon forget. The professional and friendly staff at Vidalia looks forward to making your next dining experience truly unforgettable with pleasant dining and superb cuisine.
New Jersey
“Absolutely Amazing!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been going to Vidalia for years. It's just fantastic. It's one of those restaurants that you can order anything and know it's going to be amazing.

Your meal starts off with the best garlic bread ever, paired with some byob wine, sooo good. Chef Sal's specials are my favorite. I could eat the roast duck with sweet mashed all day. Or the filet with bacon wrapped shrimp.

Let's not forget the amazing staff. There are great people here that are a cut above the rest. They really make you feel like family when you are here.

The atmosphere is special, and not something you can get anywhere else. During the spring and summer dining outside in the garden is the place to be, it's still fun even when it's raining. When it's cold out, it's fun and loud inside, yet still intimate. As a couple or with family and friends I have always had a great time.

If you're there for dinner, Chef Sal makes a point to come around and greet all of his guests. Just another way this gem stands out from all the rest.

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Poor Value + Insulted By Owner = Would Never Go Back”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Based on its $4 lukewarm Lipton teabag tea, its $ 9 tiramisu dessert the size of an Oreo cookie, and its $16 "special" appetizers, it is bad enough that this place offers horribly poor value for the money. However, the real reason I would never return to this establishment was the ineptitude of the employees, and the insulting and arrogant actions of the owner, whose behavior during my visit was quite simply inexcusable.

Several weeks ago I showed up for dinner on Saturday night with my date with a commercially color-printed authentic Vidalia gift certifcate that I had bid and won at a charity auction, complete with the Vidalia logo clearly commercially printed on it. However, for some reason, the owner had inadvertently failed to sign the certificate at the bottom before giving it to the charity. Thus, I took the responsibility to call the restaurant - not once, but TWICE - PRIOR to my visit to make sure there would be no issues with the unsigned gift certificate when I arrived. TWICE, the employee who took my call told me they would speak with the owner and THEY WOULD GET BACK TO ME if there was any problem. I received no call back EITHER TIME. Assuming this matter had been taken care of by the owner and his employees, based on their lack of response to my phone messages , my date and I showed up at the restaurant and had our meal.

After eating a meal costing $140 meal for two worth probably half that (I have travelled much and can assure you I have eaten at restaurants twice as good as this one for much, much less), the owner comes out and not only refuses to accept the authentic gift certificate, but in front of my date, he falsely and insultingly accuses me of presenting a “bogus“ certificate. Despite my repeated efforts to efforts to ask him to explain how I could have obtained a commercially-printed gift certificate with his restaurant’s logo, or to explain why his employees had not followed through on properly handling my two phone calls to resolve the matter in advance (evidently, in neither case was my phone call passed on as had been promised), the owner refused to engage in conversation, and continued to insist on full payment.

Rather than continue to be insulted in front of my date, I paid my bill and left. Sadly, the poor charity - which afterwards confirmed the authenticity of the gift certificate – was left in the position of having to reimburse me for the cost of my meal, all because of the ineptitude of the owner who obviously did not feel he needed to take on the responsibility of his actions. Whether he was simply trying to shirk responsibility for a financial mistake he made by letting the gift certificate end up at the charity unsigned, or cover for the mistakes of his employees in not properly handling my phone calls which would have resolved the matter in advance, I do not know – but falsely accusing patrons of presenting “bogus” gift certificates and insulting them in front of their guests is completely uncalled for. And certainly I shall not be returning to this place.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank Paul T
sscarlata, Manager at Vidalia Restaurant, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Hi Paula,

I'm very sorry to read this review. I wanted to reach out to you again to discuss with you the situation. While your gift certificate appeared valid in terms of the faded logo and loose leaf quality and we invited you to bring the gift card to the restaurant, it remains my final decision as to the authenticity of it. We keep very close track of the hard plastic gift cards we distribute and sell to ensure that these incidents do not arise, and when we could find no evidence of the production or distribution of this gift card, I determined it invalid. Needless to say my employees sat down with me and I re-instructed them about how they should have worded the possibility of the gift card not being accepted due to the situation, and I apologize for the confusion as they learned from this experience.

I also want to ensure you that I never ignored your calls as I maintain a strict policy of returning all of my calls, whether missed or delivered via a message, and regret that we did not personally sync up prior to your visit. After our conversation that night, I hoped to hear from the charity as I expressed to you that I would refund your meal after speaking with them and clearing up the situation since I can guarantee that I did not provide them with a gift card donation this year, especially since the gift card had no signature. I still hope to hear from them to correct your bill and in hopes that you soon return to experience Vidalia without the associated negativity.

I regret to hear you did not enjoy your meal and experience and look forward to righting this situation in person. Each person that walks in my restaurant's doors is a valued patron, and I feel eager to ensure you believe that.

Chef Salvatore
Narberth, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful evening at Vidalia”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

It was a perfect day to take a car ride as we traveled east into New Jersey. My husband reserved a table at Vidalia restaurant(byob) via open table based on reviews . If you would like to be seated outside we learned, you need to call the restaurant , you can't do this via open table.
We were fortunate be seated in the outdoor garden due to some reservation manipulation and a cancellation on this perfect evening by the owner's wife Eva. thank you Eva. Service was excellent and friendly thru out our dinner. Our appetizers were artfully constructed and good. Entrees were also good and the portion size were perfect even though another reviewer thought the portions were small?
Capacino and a shared raspberry tiramisu topped off the dinner. We enjoyed sharing our wine with Eva , and meeting another party at an adjacent table and had a fun time.

We will be back!

TerriS

• Visited August 2014
“Wow wee!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic! Food & presentation were gourmet! Staff friendly & efficient, take their suggestions, especially the crime brûlée pie!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank 1BagTravel
East Windsor, New Jersey
“4.5 stars - almost perfect”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Had a Sunday night dinner here. We arrived without reservations at about 7:30, thinking it was going to be fairly empty, but the restaurant was definitely pretty full! We were able to get squeezed in outside, which is what I was hoping for. Definitely planning on reservations the next time we go.
We started with the beets and Filet Puff Pastry for apps. The beets came with some goat cheese and other items, and it was okay. I am not sure what it needed, but it definitely needed something to make it special. The filet, however, was really, really good. No need for the pastry piece, imo. The meat was cooked to perfection and the mushrooms and gravy made it a great dish!
For the main course, we went with the 'Vidalia' - Fettuccini sautéed with eggplant, fennel sausage, sweet onions tossed in plum tomato sauce, garlic and extra virgin olive oil, topped with parmigiano cheese - and 'Pollo Rollentino' - Hand​ rolled breast of chicken pan seared, stuffed with spinach, gorgonzola, prosciutto, topped in a cognac mushroom demi-cream sauce. This is where the chef really excelled. Both foods were just perfect and there was a lot of it. We loaded up with leftovers so we had room for dessert.
I went with the basic tiramisu (there was a lemon tiramisu special, but they were out) and my wife got the cannoli. She enjoyed the cannoli - cream was smooth and the shell was crispy. I was served creme brule pie. Not what I ordered, but I went with it and it was very enjoyable.
The only downfall here was the service. Nothing bad, but not what I would expect for a quaint restaurant. When we arrived, we were very pleasantly greeted by one if the waitresses, who started to get menus and escort us to our table. Before she got to do this, another girl stepped up, grabbed the menus and took us out. I think she was the hostess, but she could have handled things in a more polite way.
The girl that tried to take us to the table turned out to be our waitress. Very nice girl and she ran through the specials like a pro. She served us well and was attentive. Another girl came by to take our app order, which I thought was odd. Then our original waitress came over to ask if we wanted dessert. So they are not communicating with each other. That needs to be fixed.
So we will definitely come back, as it was well worth it. And it is a BYO, which always works for me!

• Visited June 2014