“Extensive , well presented Indian lunch buffet.High quality Indian food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palace of Asia

Palace of Asia
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Extensive , well presented Indian lunch buffet.High quality Indian food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

Very pretty restaurant, very large. Could do without the Indian music.

1 Thank 19mrpb58

Ewing, New Jersey
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

My wife and I eat here about once or twice a month and I'll have lunch here with colleagues another 2-3 times a month. The menu tends to be a little pricey but the food is excellent. The cuisine is authentic and made with fresh ingredients. The restaurant is clean, has a liquor license and the service is decent. Personally, we've never had a disappointing experience. Among the 5-6 Indian restaurants in the Princeton/Lawrenceville area, this ranks as one of the best.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lacrosse8213
“Will come back for seconds.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

Fish Pakora and Chicken Samosas - very good. Five entreees for three people: Daal, chicken tandoori, lamb vindaloo, chicken arachi, palaak paneer. Oh, yes and bread basket. Mango lassi and one King Fisher. one galub jamun and two teas. Geez we ate a lot of food. Only disappointment was the tea - not very flavorful.
Service was very friendly and efficient.
Decor was nice and nice atmosphere.

• Visited May 2011
new jersey
“Not the same as before..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

Had take out recently-Chicken Vindaloo and Chicken Mumtali.The vindaloo had gristle in chicken,watery gravy and and diminished flavor.The mumtali looked ok but was totally bland-no flavor.We both experienced "intestinal difficulties" afterwaords, to put it nicely.Not sure what happened here-new chef/management,loss of concern for quality?As longtime patrons-will give them benefit of doubt and one more chance.P of A-this is a wake up call to turn things around.

Visited April 2011
Princeton, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would never go there again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

I am a patron of Chutney Mary but sometimes it is too much of a drive for me to get there so on Friday, May 21st, 2010, I, along with another person visited this Palace of Asia for the lunch buffet. The food is decent and I would have gone there again but for the fact of one of the server's rude and insulting behavior. Perhaps I am wrong but I believe that a tip is not mandatory for a buffet where service is not personal. The waiter brought a pitcher of water which he left on our table and our plates were removed twice. My bill came to $23.43, tax included, so I left $24 cash. We were almost to the door (leaving) when the waiter came running to us. He had our bill and cash in hand and told us that we had not left a 15% tip. We were so shocked we could not say anything. My companion reached into his pocket and gave the waiter $2, to which the waiter replied that the tip is $3. I felt that this was rude and insulting behavior and I was instantly reminded of an article I read in the Philadelphia Inquirer a couple of years ago which listed India as one of the top 5 countries in the world with the rudest people. This type of behavior would never happen in an American restaurant. I would never visit this Palace of Asia again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles