“Applebees At It's Best”

Ranked #31 of 93 Restaurants in Lawrenceville
New Jersey
“Applebees At It's Best”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've been going here for about 10 years now and must say it's been one of the best Applebees I've been to around the country. I've never had food poisoning as others have mentioned in their reviews and food is consistently good. Rarely in my many visits has the kitchen screwed up my order and I expect any chain restaurant to screw up an order every now and again since all chefs/kitchen personnel have an off night. You don't go to Applebees for anything amazing, but great reliable food and a wonderful late night 1/2 price appetizer menu starting at 9 pm keeps me coming back. I've heard stories of restaurants such as this one microwaving food, but if it is prepared that way, it's the best damn microwaved food I've ever had. Service is usually good, but I suggest staying away from new hires or trainees as I've found they can ruin your meal as with any restaurant with employee turnover. With all being said, this Applebees is among the best in the chain and you'll be in for a good meal if you don't set your expectations too high for something fancy.

Visited February 2014

The Villages, Florida
“Bonus: late hours, at a discount”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Applebee's is nothing special nowadays in this category, but the location in Lawrenceville deserves an extra plus for its late hours (1 am on weekdays, 2 am on the weekend) -- uncommon for these parts. And there are lots of discounts late at night, too. Very good service.

• Visited February 2014
Plainsboro, New Jersey
“This place is gross”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My family and I went for dinner Sunday night. The place smelled like an old damp wet rag. I had the shrimp parmesan over rice, hubby had the portobello mushroom chicken and son had the steak with shrimp, mashed potatoes and fries. Son didn't like his food, I liked mine hubby didn't care for his. Went home. Son could not go to school yesterday because of the cramping and diarrhea. Hubby and I also had diarrhea as well. I would never go back to this place. Our last 2 trips to different Applebees have been bad. Last time for me.

• Visited February 2014
New York
“It's Applebee's”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This restaurant was really no different than any Applebee's anywhere, except maybe for better service than most. We were given adequate time to peruse the menu and special requests were accommodated. Food was served at the right temperature and in a timely manner.

Visited December 2013
Frederiksberg, Denmark
“An average Memorial Day dinner”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had dinner at the Applebee's in Lawrenceville on Memorial day and it was a mixed experience. The service was great but the food was not the best. I started with onion rings as a starter but it was sized as an entire meal. Then I had a NY Strip which was good but the vegetables that was served with it looked like something that has been taken from a bag, not really something you want to eat. The prices are fine for the quality which is reflected in my rating

Visited May 2013