“Nice staff just needs better food”
Review of Woody's Bar-b-q - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Woody's Bar-b-q
Cuisines: Barbecue
Orlando, Florida
“Nice staff just needs better food”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

To start off I have to say I was glad to see BBQ finally coming to Mercer county. I first saw it doing last minute Christmas shopping with a friend. That night (Christmas Eve, of course), we were in too much of a rush to stop by, but the scents were calling my name. So a few days after the holiday season passed, I brought a fellow BBQ lover, Big Rig, with me to try it out.

The service was good, not that knowledgeable on the product, but she was cheery, perky, and nice, so she held up her end of the bargain well enough. The food runner seemed a bit out there and brought me the wrong meal at first, but eventually I got the right stuff. Now here is where our trip began to take a nose dive. I ordered the BBQ combo that consisted of 2 meats ( I picked BBQ beef and Carolina pulled pork) and a piece of garlic Texas toast, plus 2 sides (sweet potato fries and mashed potatoes with gravy. Big Rig got a half roasted chicken with the same sides.

When my meal came out it was apparent that it spent some time under the heat lamp, and the meat had a grayish tint to it, not to mention it was on the dry side. Big Rig's chicken was the same way. That being said they do have some good sauces in squirt bottles on your table. And it was these sauces that saved the meal for us. The sides were okay but nothing really stood out to either of us.

Overall the experience was nice one, even though my food got lost. The place has a nice decor to it. Now if they can only get their food to not come out dry it would be great. So even though the people are nice and the place looks pretty, due to their food being subpar, I have to say that Woody's BBQ is fat kid test but not fat kid approved.

As always stay peckish my friends.

• Visited January 2012