“Delicious Hot Dogs And Funnel Cake Fries”

Captain Paul's Firehouse Dogs
Ranked #2 of 8 Dessert in Lawrenceville
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned and operated. We are a business dedicated to the men and women associated with emergency services, the military and their families and for all those who volunteer to help others. We serve Hatfield hot dogs, delicious sandwiches, various sides, home made hard ice cream, home made water ice, soft serve ice cream, shakes, sundaes and more! Stop by and give us a try!
Trenton, NJ
“Delicious Hot Dogs And Funnel Cake Fries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We enjoyed the outside experience of having hot dogs, sandwiches and funnel cake fries today. The staff was especially kind and helpful. It was nice and cool outside under the umbrellas. The prices were fair ~ soda can and specific bottle beverages were $1.00. Again, fair prices. Hot dogs ranged in the $3.00 price. I enjoyed hot dog with bacon and chili. Would definitely stop in again. Did not get a chance to try the ice cream! :)

• Visited June 2014

Philadelphia, PA
“Cool Place for a quick bite or sweet treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

My daughter and I frequent Captain Paul's for their ice cream sundaes and occasional meal. The shop is pretty cool and is heavily decorated with fireman and police memorabilia including patches, helmets, etc. to commemorate our community heroes. The service and service is always good. For the price, you can't beat it. The hotdogs and barbecue are good and you get A LOT! The ice cream is a notch down from some I've had, but it's good none the less. This is a definite favorite for us in the area. Stop by and get some dogs, they are the best around!

• Visited May 2014
Princeton NJ
“Wow. Seriously gigantic Wow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

OMG. We have a new favorite place. Smaller than a closet. Incredible dogs. Funnel cake fries. Homemade gelato. Nicest people. We'll be back...maybe this week...

“great find in Lawrenceville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I discovered this restau with the help of tripadvisor & yelp. We were in Lawrenceville area and was looking for an affortable yet delicious place to dine and good thing Captain Paul's was one of the top recommendations.

Captain Paul's Firehouse grill has outdoor sitting and gives the clients a picnic like feel. We went during winter and it was also drizzling then so we just stayed inside. There are only a few seats available by the counter and what we noticed was almost everyone knows each other.

Service is great and when I told them it was our first time and they gave us a rundown of their house specialty. I settled for pulled pork sandwich and my husband got the hotdog sandwich. We both enjoyed the sandwiches but I particularly live the pulled pork.

We got the chance to meet Captain Paul who started it all. It was fun to hear the story behind the success of his business. What I love most about the our visit is the friendly atmosphere and locals really come by because they find good food there.

I will surely come back if im in the area again. Highly recommended! A must try!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank soblessed0827
Princeton, New Jersey
“Highly recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is very good for what it is. You would expect a hot dog and ice cream stand at a shore resort, not outside Princeton. However, what you get here is very good and well worth the money. The dogs are high quality, and there is a NJ-made condiment, "Golden Monkey", which has a singular, sweet flavor. Mix that topping with peppers for a wonderful taste.

The ice cream is excellent in taste and consistency, and again there are an exceptional collection of toppings. My favorites are butterscotch and fudge, but I haven't had the chance to sample them all. I haven't found anything to dislike.

On some nights, this is the non-alcoholic version of the Cheers bar. You'll find locals who are well know to the owners, just a friendly neighborhood place.

Only drawback is the place is small and most seating is outdoors. Of course, it is well known that the true state bird of NJ is spelled M-O-S-Q-U-I-T-O. So come prepared.

• Visited August 2013