“Nice Stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lawrenceville
philadelphia
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed April 24, 2007

Exterior Corridor property in a hard to find location.

This was my first experience with Red Roof and I must admit it was not that bad. I understand the value of Red Roof much better now; for a last minute, one night stay for under $60, it was a perfect investment to ensure I arrived at my morning meeting fresh and on time.

This location is ideal for business and cross country travelers needing a dependable and inexpensive place to stay. This property happens to be in a safe area, so the exterior door was not an issue for me.

• Liked — Rate
  • Disliked — Lack of bright outside lighting on the property
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Midlothian, VA
Reviewed October 6, 2006

Having stayed in some pretty ratty Days Inns and Travelodges over the past couple of years, I decided to check out one of the newly renovated Red Roof Inns. Was I surprised! It was clean, comfortable and attractive. (All things are relative. I'm not comparing "attractive" to what I would expect at a Sheraton or a Hyatt). There is absolutely NO comparison to a renovated Red Roof Inn, and franchised "sleep cheaps". For example, there was a granite vanity, and comfortable chair and task lighting at a workstation. The bathroom had been completely renovated (not just decorated), with new flooring, tub, and toilet. All furnishings were new. While there were no frills, no ironing board, no in-room coffee, no pillowtop mattress, it was all I needed, and in terms of decor, much more than I expected.

Staff at the office was pleasant and responsive. They provide no continental breakfast, but there was a "gourmet" coffee station where I got a good latte. (Again, this was not Starbucks, but I enjoyed it.) The AAA rate was only $60 (tax in NJ is a whopping 15%, so I paid about $70). The one downside was that there is quite a bit of noise from the highway, but you'd get the same noise level at any of the other hotels/motels along the same corrider. After staying here, when I travel I will ALWAYS see if there is a RENOVATED Red Roof Inn before making reservations anywhere else. (I'm thinking/hoping that the corporate owned Red Roofs will be more consistent in what can be expected than the franchise "sleep cheaps" where you never know what you're going to get, but I digress.) In a word, this place was, for the money, excellent and I would highly recommend it.

• Liked — Attractive, clean, comfortable, at a great price
  • Disliked — HIghway noise, but that couldn't be helped
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank carolahb
Boston, MA
Reviewed January 22, 2006

While my husband & I were down for my friend's wedding, we stayed at this hotel, which was one of the options listed in the invitation. There was construction going on while we were there, so we definitely were awoken by noises as early as 7am on Saturday & Sunday. Also, my husband was allergic to the fabric softener or whatever in the sheets, so it was difficult for him to sleep at all. The staff, however, was quite friendly & looked up directions to get us to the wedding.

Stayed August 2005

Travelers are raving about these Lawrenceville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Comfort Inn of Princeton
#6 of 15 in Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing? Share your experiences!