“Condemn this place!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lawrenceville
London, United Kingdom
“Condemn this place!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My son and I check in and was given a room on top floor...OMG you open the door and the smell of must and something hits you. The bathroom was full of rust, mattress sunk in middle, furniture old with worn upholstery, and chipped paint. I ran back down to front desk and to my surprise they had an attitude because I wanted a refund and refused to stay in such filth. After about 1/2 hr of back and forth and 911 on speed dial to assist in this situation, I got my refund and left. Im an honest reviewer trust me...you don't want to stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kayskatering
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your experience at the Inn We are taking serious steps to make guests feel welcome and comfortable during their stay at the Inn,
I do apologize for your experience, we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Me and my kids stayed over night to go to six flags. First off they only give you two towels and two wash clothes, so I called down to the front desk for more, after waiting over an hour no one ever came so I had to drive to the front to get them. Then the rooms comes with no iron so you have to go to the front desk to get one when I get to the front desk they have no more so we had to wear our clothes wrinkled, mind you the hotel was no where near fully booked. I will never stay here again I rather pay more money and stay some where else.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Ilovemylife32
We are extremely sorry for your experience, and hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again, We do provide Hairdryers, Iron and Iron boards in our Superior King rooms as a standard feature, for all other guests we provide them at our front desk.
Once again my sincere apologies for your the unpleasant stay
and we hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Lawrenceville hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at this location due to it being close to Princeton University! From the moment I checked in till I checked out ( 3 days ) the staff was extremely friendly and professional. The room was extremely clean but just a bit small but still met my needs. The front desk staff is top notch and housekeeping thorough! The only thing that I would change would be the "breakfast".
But that isn't a deal breaker for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time for giving us your feedback, Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us,We have been recently renovated 100% SMOKE FREE PROEPRTY with new amenities in the rooms with large flat screen TVs, Plush high end bedding, New Modern design flooring, all this is added to our existing amenities of Free Wi-fi, local calls, long distance calls in the continental U S, Our Superior King rooms with large workstation, in room coffee microwave refrigerator, Free expanded cable including HBO CNN ESPN and more.
I will positively share your feedback with my team.
We look forward to your future stays, and appreciate your business Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn.
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Advantages:
1. The hotel is a 10 minute drive to Princeton University in one direction, and the Trenton/Mercer Airport in the other. There are many routes to choose from to get to Princeton, and for the airport, it is an interstate the whole way there.
2. There are two large shopping centers within one mile from the hotel; the Mercer Mall (an outdoor "big box" center), and the Quaker Bridge Mall, an indoor center with Lord and Taylor, JC Penney and more.
3. The price was much lower than other hotels in the area. I paid $80 for a king room, when other hotels in the area wanted over $150.
4. The staff was very friendly, at both check in and check out.
5. It is very easy to access Hwy 1, I-95 and I-295 from the hotel.
6. The rooms have been renovated with beautiful red decors, large flat screen TV's, and very comfortable beds.

Disadvantages:
1. The hotel has outdoor corridors. This means that you can not keep the curtains open, or else people walking by on the outdoor corridor can look in your room. There was a guest from the neighboring room smoking outside my room on the second floor hallway throughout the evening, which was unpleasant.

Conclusion:
I would definitely choose to stay at this location again. I would highly recommend it for travelers visiting the city or university of Princeton, and also for people flying in or out of the Trenton/Mercer Airport.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, choose a room on the back side of the hotel. These are away from Hwy 1 and facing...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I am so glad to hear about your stay,We have been recently renovated and our a 100% SMOKE FREE PROEPRTY with large flat screen TVs, Plush high end bedding, New Modern design flooring, all this is added to our existing amenities of Free Wi-fi, local calls, long distance calls in the continental U S, Our Superior King rooms with large workstation, in room coffee microwave refrigerator, Free expanded cable including HBO CNN ESPN and more.
I will positively share your feedback with my team.
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Princeton location overnight. Only a short trip to help our friends move. However, we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and upgrades to the room. Large flat screen, super clean linens and what looked like a brand new mattress.
Not a bug or critter in sight, to my relief.

The staff made check-in and out seamless. Also, great rate ($80 tax included) compared to the other hotels in the area. Was so pleased, we are trying another Red Roof this weekend with friends. Hope it lives up to this one.

Room Tip: Ask for the room right next to the reception office.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DWTisha
Thank you for taking the time for giving us your feedback, Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, We have been recently been renovated to a 100% SMOKE FREE PROEPRTY with new amenities in the rooms with large flat screen TVs, Plush high end bedding, New Modern design flooring, all this is added to our existing amenities of Free Wi-fi, local calls, long distance calls in the continental U S, Our Superior King rooms with large workstation, in room coffee microwave refrigerator, Free expanded cable including HBO CNN ESPN and more.
York, Pa
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We've stayed at this Red Roof many, many times when doing business in Princeton. It is reasonably well maintained, although occasionally we find that the maids have slacked off. (E.g., the towel I just found hanging on the back of the bathroom door.) The main disadvantage is the traffic on US 1. First of all, it can take you five minutes just to exit the parking lot. Second, the traffic noise is really bad if you happen to get stuck in the front building. If you can get in the back building where the office is or on the side of a building away from Route 1, it's a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing away from Route 1. Best is on the back of the back building.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time for giving us your feedback, sorry to hear that the occasional housekeeping slacking off, I have shared with them the importance of being consistent in providing quality services,We have been recently renovated and our a 100% SMOKE FREE PROEPRTY with new amenities in the rooms with large flat screen TVs, Plush high end bedding, New Modern design flooring, all this is added to our existing amenities of Free Wi-fi, local calls, long distance calls in the continental U S, Our Superior King rooms with large workstation, in room coffee microwave refrigerator, Free expanded cable including HBO CNN ESPN and more.

Gulf Breeze, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The staff was friendly but were not knowledgeable about the area. The room was just okay but I felt it could have been cleaner. I chose this hotel because of the proximity to the activities that we would be doing. But the main road where this is located has horrible traffic. It was almost impossible to get out of the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am extremely sorry for your experience, was not up to your expectations

Hoping you will stay with us in the future and enjoy our 100% smoke free property with large flat screen tv's and plush beddiing.Free Wi-fi, and local and long distance calls,Free Expanded cable including HBO,CNN and ESPN.

We appreciate your business and Look forward to serving you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Comfort Inn of Princeton
#4 of 15 in Princeton
Holiday Inn Princeton
Holiday Inn Princeton
#11 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing? Share your experiences!