“Great Service, not a bad stay..”

Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first stay at a Red Roof Inn. I stayed in a Superior King Room which was well worth the upgrade. It was spacious and had a large desk and work space. THe internet worked fine, but slowed down a bit in the evenings. The staff was nice and although I didn't get room service, I found fresh towels and soap at my door every day. I had only two minor issues. One, the walls, like many hotels, were thin and I could hear conversations in other rooms. Luckily my neighbors were relatively quiet. The other, and I understand the motel couldn't do anything about it was that it was very difficult at times to pull out onto the highway and if you wanted to go to the malls and restaurants to the left as you pulled out, you had to drive about a mile to the right and make a u turn as it was a divided highway. Other than that, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $10 to upgrade to the Superior Rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience, we appreciate it and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The lady at the desk Alissa was exceptionally friendly and extremely helpful. The room was immaculate and the spectacular service provided by Alissa made my stay absolutely wonderful and stress free.

However, the absolutely HORRIBLE internet wifi connection changed my entire opinion of the stay. The fact that a nationally recognized and respected hotel chain could have such a horrible internet connection is inexcusable . Red Roof's main customer base is at a minimum 50% working men who need to travel up and down the east coast. The fact that the internet connection is so horrible is enough to look for other accomodations on its own. Despite the rooms themselves, internet connection is extremely important to many people, and with as bad as it is, many people will simply opt for an inferior hotel room with a better wifi connection. And quite frankly, I really cant blame them.

Despite the fact that the cleanliness and overall room presentation is as good or better that the hotels within Red Roofs competition group, the lack of internet connectivity is inexcusable. Any company who claims to be in the forefront of their business could not possibly feel that the situation at the Red Roof are acceptable. While the amenities during your stay will be quite enjoyable and up to standard, the ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE internet connection takes this hotel from being a great value for the price to a borderline rippoff because of the lack of internet connectivity.

When one stays at a nationally respected hotel chain, internet connectivity should not even be an issue. Unfortunately, because of this, I cannot give this hotel anythig above a slightly above average review.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bill s
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and I am glad Alissa offered terrifice service, sorry to hear about the slow wi-fi connection we are working on ways to
make this faster so you guests like you do not have any inconvenience
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I walked in here at around 3 am and was greeted by Detra at the front office. She was so kind and adjusting. She got me checked-in in less than 5 minutes. The room was clean and felt like home. Thank you Detra and I would love to visit this place again in near future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience I am glad to hear Detra was hospitable to you, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

i walked in lost trying to make sure i was at the right spot and Detra made feel like i was right at home it really hard in me im always on the road with my job and i finally walked into a hotel that made feel feel like i walked into home thank you Detra for the warm welcome!!

Room Tip: Great spot the king bed single room was amazing love the shower area! i heard about the soon renovat...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience I am glad to hear Detra made you feel welcome, We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Upon check-in we were sent to a room with un-made beds. We went back to the front desk and the nice woman found us another room which seemed clean. There was a strong smell of cleaning products upon entering but we got used to it pretty fast. I set the electric heater to 60 degrees but woke in the middle of the night in a sweat, it must have been over 80 degrees in the room. They need to check their thermostats.

Here is the kicker.. Woke in the morning and looked up to find a large stink bug staring down at me from the ceiling. There was a 2nd bug near the door. Later in the day after leaving, my son was getting clothes from his suitcase and found a 3rd bug in the pants he was about to put on. Needless to say, we will not be returning to this establishment any time soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve W
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed for 2 weeks with work. The staff was great but I was in building C, right by the road so a lot of road noise. It's continual traffic and to get out of the hotel parking lot is almost impossible. The speed on that road is 50 or 55 and there's no ramp.

I'd probably stay there again provided I wasn't that close to the road. One of the other buildings might be more quiet. I really like the work space they have in the room, very nice desk area.

The bed was past due for replacement but everything else was ok.

Room Tip: Try not to get building C by the road if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The motel itself isn't so bad.. the staff is great, very helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms tend to reek.. I do not know if it is the cleaning products or (ew!) bug spray.
The main problem is the people who stay here. It is not uncommon to see hookers, etc. and I have stayed here on more than one occasion when the police had to come because of crimes in neighboring rooms. (One time was in the C building that is mentioned here as desirable).
So to make this short, great staff, average rooms but seedy clients.

Room Tip: I prefer the C Building
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Howard Johnson - Princeton/Lawrenceville
Lafayette Park Hotel and Suites
Clarion Hotel Palmer Inn
Clarion Hotel Palmer Inn
#15 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing? Share your experiences!