“Not a bad hotel but lots of road noise.”

Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Boise, Idaho
“Not a bad hotel but lots of road noise.”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed for 2 weeks with work. The staff was great but I was in building C, right by the road so a lot of road noise. It's continual traffic and to get out of the hotel parking lot is almost impossible. The speed on that road is 50 or 55 and there's no ramp.

I'd probably stay there again provided I wasn't that close to the road. One of the other buildings might be more quiet. I really like the work space they have in the room, very nice desk area.

The bed was past due for replacement but everything else was ok.

Room Tip: Try not to get building C by the road if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Denver, PA
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The motel itself isn't so bad.. the staff is great, very helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms tend to reek.. I do not know if it is the cleaning products or (ew!) bug spray.
The main problem is the people who stay here. It is not uncommon to see hookers, etc. and I have stayed here on more than one occasion when the police had to come because of crimes in neighboring rooms. (One time was in the C building that is mentioned here as desirable).
So to make this short, great staff, average rooms but seedy clients.

Room Tip: I prefer the C Building
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed December 2, 2012

As a Sandy evacuee whose waterfront house had been flooded, I will agree with and expand upon Adeline's review (and rebut Vantine's). I have been staying in Red Roof Inns for decades because of their consistent quality and their pet-friendly policy. This stay was unfortunately under much more dire circumstances, so the performance of the staff was that much more crucial to me...and they certainly rose to the occasion! Everyone -- from Managers Bill and Mike, to front desk associates like Katie, Cleo and Alyssa, to the maintenance staff like Hany and Mike -- were not only courteous, helpful and professional, but surprisingly kind, patient and compassionate! They also did their best to accommodate my room requests, eventually assigning me and my two dogs "a room with a view" in a more private section of the property (before I had to move back to the Shore to another hotel, which is not nearly as nice and costs $25 more per night, BTW). Sure, as Vantine mentioned, there were a few minor issues related to an older property, but what do you expect in a two star accommodation (nitpicking much)? I found the rooms to be clean and well-apportioned (for the price) and the housekeeping staff to be responsive and friendly, yet not intrusive. Although this property may not yet have the "NewGen" rooms, they more than made up for that with their wealth of exceptional employees! Once again, thank you!!

Room Tip: Back corner of C building is especially nice & private, w/adjacent woods.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DiLynn040
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear DiLynn040,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad all the positive reviews which encouraged you to stay with us were true during your visit. I can't thank you enough for your kind words for our AMAZING front of the house and maintenance associates; they all work very hard to offer a great experience and value ! Also, it's great to hear that you "found the rooms to be clean and well-apportioned", our housekeeping associates take a great pride in their rooms and it really shows. We are all very excited about our upcoming renovation so soon, in addition to offering free Wi-Fi, hot coffee and tea 24/7 in the lobby, a safe in the room, fridge/microwaves, hair dryers, flat screen TV's, iron/iron boards and coffee markers we will have a brand new, full-property look ! Thanks again and we do hope to see you next time you are in the Lawrenceville area!
William Ashenfelder
Hamilton
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Red Roof Inn, I have recently stayed here before. and let me tell you i love it.. The staff is soo help full anything you need they will go out of there way to do whatever it is to make your stay feel like your at home, there hospitality is AMAZING. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT OTHER GUY WAS
TALKING ABOUT, BUT THIS HOTEL IS AMAZINGLY GREAT!! The rooms are always clean, the bed is comfortable to the point where i don't want to even get up outta bed. more then that my pets love it!!!!!!

Bill: Is very help full! he will do anything to make your stay more comfortable and not to mention he is a VERYY FUNNY GUY

Michael: Is a very sweet & caring Gentlemen. He will GO OUT OF HIS WAY NO MATTER WHAT IT IS TO MAKE YOUR STAY MORE COMFORTABLE !

HANY: He is a VERYYY funny man!! He always has My self and My husband in tears with laughter. But on a professorial Note he does his job when he is asked too.

Kleo: she is a verrryyy Sweet woman! she will also do whatever it takes to make your stay more comfortable and she has a welcoming Voice and personality!

IF I FORGOT ANY OTHER STAFF YOU ALL ARE JUST WONDERFUL

WOULD DEFIANTLY STAY HERE AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Get the universal business King so big bathroom is huge!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank adeline R
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear adeline R,
Thank you VERY much for your Excellent review!
We are extremely proud of our staff and their willingness to always go above and beyond to make our guests’ stay as comfortable as possible. The housekeeping folks work very hard to keep our guest rooms and public spaces sparkling clean and as a company, Red Roof Inn prides itself on always being pet friendly at no additional cost! Stay tuned because we are excited to report that over the next few months our entire hotel will be getting a renovation and all the services and amenities that we currently offer will not only continue, but will be enhanced !
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Bill Ashenfelder
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I checked into the Red Roof Inn after reading the reviews here on Tripadvisor. I stayed for a week for business. I am not sure if there was some kind of confusion, but it seemed like a different hotel. While the staff was very friendly, although not helpful, and the room was reasonably priced, it was one of the very worst hotel experiences I have ever had. If you read my other reviews, I am generally forgiving, and feel like you get what you pay for. But in this case, $10 a night would be too much! Here's a rundown of my issues: The beds were old and like a brick!!! Pillows worn out. When we arrived, although we had booked a non smoking room, there was an ashtray and ashes on the bathroom floor. Add a cigarette burn in my comforter and it sounds like a smoking room to me! The room smelled musty and old. The carpet was worn and frayed in front of the door. The room was small and cramped, the bathroom smaller. The painted walls were dingy and there were marks on the wall. The exterior was old and in disrepair. The heating unit had mold and was filthy. When we asked to change rooms they told us they were booked, and although there a week, and we asked daily, they could never seem to find us another room. The third night there the toilet stopped up, and the staff sent a maintenance man who plunged the toilet, but it did nothing. When we called the desk to ask if someone else could look at it we were told "the hotel is old, and sometimes the toilets run slow, just hold the handle down". Tried that, no luck. So the maintenance man came back and handed us the plunger and told us to put the used toilet paper in the trash!! I plunged the toilet myself and got it going. The staff was very nice, but seemed unable to help or move us our entire stay. I would never recommend anyone stay here, and if you believe the good reviews, and take your chances, you were forewarned!

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank vantine8665
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. At Red Roof we value our guest's feedback. I am sorry your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology.
While this doesn't make up for the issues you faced during your stay, I do want you to know that the Inn will shortly be undergoing renovations.This will include new beddig and bedding package, carpet and flooring, new lighting as well as interior and exterior painting and repair. I do not know when your plans will bring you to the area, I invite you to see the new product when complete.
I regret that your stay was not pleasant, we look forward to better serving you in th future.
Red Roof Inn Lawrenceville

Travelers are raving about these Lawrenceville hotels

Yorktown Heights, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I've never had a bad experience at any Red Roof. Rooms are always clean and service is always good. Price varies depending on location and time of year. But $77 plus tax on a Saturday night is very reasonable. Princeton Red Roof had coffee at front desk and the employees were cheerful. Hint: even if you're a smoker, get a non-smoking room.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. At Red Roof we value our guest's feedback. Positive reviews such as yours are a great incentive to our team. I have shared it with them.
I am pleased to tell you that the Inn will shortly be undergoing a renovation. This will include new bedding and bedding package, new carpet and flooring as wel las interior and exterior painting and repairs. I invite you to see the finished product when it is completed.
Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Red Roof Inn
nj
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn during Hurricane Sandy. The front staff was extremely helpful, even giving us donuts and muffins in the morning because some of the markets were closed. The Inn is also walking distance to two seafood restaurants, Red Lobster and Eat at Joe's.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. At Red Roof we value our guest's feedback. Positive comments such as yours are a great incentive for our team, I will share it with them.
The huricane was a stressful event for everyone, I hope that your home and family came out of it well.
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing again in the future.
Michael Whalen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Comfort Inn of Princeton
#5 of 15 in Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing? Share your experiences!