“WONDERFUL HOTEL” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Hamilton
“WONDERFUL HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Red Roof Inn, I have recently stayed here before. and let me tell you i love it.. The staff is soo help full anything you need they will go out of there way to do whatever it is to make your stay feel like your at home, there hospitality is AMAZING. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT OTHER GUY WAS
TALKING ABOUT, BUT THIS HOTEL IS AMAZINGLY GREAT!! The rooms are always clean, the bed is comfortable to the point where i don't want to even get up outta bed. more then that my pets love it!!!!!!

Bill: Is very help full! he will do anything to make your stay more comfortable and not to mention he is a VERYY FUNNY GUY

Michael: Is a very sweet & caring Gentlemen. He will GO OUT OF HIS WAY NO MATTER WHAT IT IS TO MAKE YOUR STAY MORE COMFORTABLE !

HANY: He is a VERYYY funny man!! He always has My self and My husband in tears with laughter. But on a professorial Note he does his job when he is asked too.

Kleo: she is a verrryyy Sweet woman! she will also do whatever it takes to make your stay more comfortable and she has a welcoming Voice and personality!

IF I FORGOT ANY OTHER STAFF YOU ALL ARE JUST WONDERFUL

WOULD DEFIANTLY STAY HERE AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Get the universal business King so big bathroom is huge!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank adeline R
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear adeline R,
Thank you VERY much for your Excellent review!
We are extremely proud of our staff and their willingness to always go above and beyond to make our guests’ stay as comfortable as possible. The housekeeping folks work very hard to keep our guest rooms and public spaces sparkling clean and as a company, Red Roof Inn prides itself on always being pet friendly at no additional cost! Stay tuned because we are excited to report that over the next few months our entire hotel will be getting a renovation and all the services and amenities that we currently offer will not only continue, but will be enhanced !
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Bill Ashenfelder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I checked into the Red Roof Inn after reading the reviews here on Tripadvisor. I stayed for a week for business. I am not sure if there was some kind of confusion, but it seemed like a different hotel. While the staff was very friendly, although not helpful, and the room was reasonably priced, it was one of the very worst hotel experiences I have ever had. If you read my other reviews, I am generally forgiving, and feel like you get what you pay for. But in this case, $10 a night would be too much! Here's a rundown of my issues: The beds were old and like a brick!!! Pillows worn out. When we arrived, although we had booked a non smoking room, there was an ashtray and ashes on the bathroom floor. Add a cigarette burn in my comforter and it sounds like a smoking room to me! The room smelled musty and old. The carpet was worn and frayed in front of the door. The room was small and cramped, the bathroom smaller. The painted walls were dingy and there were marks on the wall. The exterior was old and in disrepair. The heating unit had mold and was filthy. When we asked to change rooms they told us they were booked, and although there a week, and we asked daily, they could never seem to find us another room. The third night there the toilet stopped up, and the staff sent a maintenance man who plunged the toilet, but it did nothing. When we called the desk to ask if someone else could look at it we were told "the hotel is old, and sometimes the toilets run slow, just hold the handle down". Tried that, no luck. So the maintenance man came back and handed us the plunger and told us to put the used toilet paper in the trash!! I plunged the toilet myself and got it going. The staff was very nice, but seemed unable to help or move us our entire stay. I would never recommend anyone stay here, and if you believe the good reviews, and take your chances, you were forewarned!

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank vantine8665
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. At Red Roof we value our guest's feedback. I am sorry your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology.
While this doesn't make up for the issues you faced during your stay, I do want you to know that the Inn will shortly be undergoing renovations.This will include new beddig and bedding package, carpet and flooring, new lighting as well as interior and exterior painting and repair. I do not know when your plans will bring you to the area, I invite you to see the new product when complete.
I regret that your stay was not pleasant, we look forward to better serving you in th future.
Red Roof Inn Lawrenceville
Yorktown Heights, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I've never had a bad experience at any Red Roof. Rooms are always clean and service is always good. Price varies depending on location and time of year. But $77 plus tax on a Saturday night is very reasonable. Princeton Red Roof had coffee at front desk and the employees were cheerful. Hint: even if you're a smoker, get a non-smoking room.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. At Red Roof we value our guest's feedback. Positive reviews such as yours are a great incentive to our team. I have shared it with them.
I am pleased to tell you that the Inn will shortly be undergoing a renovation. This will include new bedding and bedding package, new carpet and flooring as wel las interior and exterior painting and repairs. I invite you to see the finished product when it is completed.
Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Red Roof Inn
nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn during Hurricane Sandy. The front staff was extremely helpful, even giving us donuts and muffins in the morning because some of the markets were closed. The Inn is also walking distance to two seafood restaurants, Red Lobster and Eat at Joe's.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. At Red Roof we value our guest's feedback. Positive comments such as yours are a great incentive for our team, I will share it with them.
The huricane was a stressful event for everyone, I hope that your home and family came out of it well.
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing again in the future.
Princeton, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

After 2 nights in Trump's Taj in AC for state convention, came home for Sandy's taking out our power. I was lucky getting last room near our home and Mike, Bill & Mike at the front desk were stellar!! They were slammed with people and their phones ringing. I was used to being in the dark and it took me awhile to put on more lights! I could get into bed and have a light overhead and read. Trump's rooms are cheaply dim and falling apart. These rooms are better lit then Trump's Taj and Tower.
Red Roof was clean, well lit, and warm. There were other people trying to escape our power outages and we were all treated like frequent guests. The only drawback is the location (or they would get 5's on everything). So, I will give you a suggestion. If you cannot pull out and get back onto Rt. 1 and forced onto 295 you can turn around at exit 7A for your U-Turn. Come around ramp and make first right back onto 295 north you will see signs for Rt 1. You can opt north or south rt 1 when you get off 295.
This motel is busy due to their reasonable rates, but if you want clean with a friendly and helpful staff you cannot go wrong.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisior. At Red Roof we value our guest's feedback. Positive comments such as yours are a great incentive for our team. I have shared your review with them.
I am pleased to tell you that the Inn will shortly be undergoing a renovation. This will include new bedding, a new bedding package, new carpet and flooring as well as interior and exterior painting. I invite you to see the new product when it is completed.
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Red Roof Inn
Short Hills, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here this weekend with friends for TCNJ Homecoming. Excellent location. Near the mall, restaurants, and only 10 minutes from the college. Each room has a private entrance from the outside. Although it's a little worn down, for $65 a night, can't be beat! The staff is so friendly and nice, and they obviously love working here. We will stay here every year for homecoming.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay . Red Roof values it's guest's feedback. I will share your comments with our team. Positive reviews such as yours are a great incentive. I am pleased to tell you that the Inn will be undergoing a renovation shortly that will include a new bedding package, mattresses, interior and exterior painting and refurbishing.
Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here for one night in September while in the Trenton area. Quite near the highway, but noise wasn't a problem. For the right price, I got what I needed - a clean room with comfortable beds. I would stay here again if I had the chance in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. At Red Roof we value our guest's feedback. I will share your positive comments with the team . Reviews such as yours are a great incentive as we continue to work to improve our product and service. I am pleased to tell you that the Inn will be undergoing renovation shortly. This wil include a new bedding package, bedsets, interior and exterior painting and refurbishing.
Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to your next stay .
Michael Whalen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Comfort Inn of Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
Hampton Inn Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton
SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton South

Been to Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing? Share your experiences!