“Good value”

Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Clean, plain, quite, & got the job done. Location was perfect for my work the next day & didn't want to pay for services/amenities I didn't need ( Didn't have time to enjoy amenities if they'd had them. Great price point with no downside) Will use again. This is far better than a competing property with exactly the same name a little further north. (?)

Room Tip: Third building N from the office was, by far, the quietest.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. At Red Roof we value our guest's feedback. I will share your comments with our team. Positive reviews such as yours are a great incentive as we continue to work to improve our product and service.
I am pleased to tell you that the Inn will be undergoing a renovation shortly . This will include a new bedding package, bed sets, interior and exterior painting and refurbishing.
Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I got the smaller room and it was adequate for me in size and it was clean. The front desk was helpful and the Manager Mr. Whalen was very nice. I had to keep extending my stay and they helped me without any problems. The WiFi worked well for me and the TV was a new flat screen with cable. This is fine hotel for a great price. It's not the Ritz but it also didn't cost as much.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. At Red Roof . we value our guest's feedback. Positive reviews such as yours are a great incentive for our team, I will share it with them as we continue to improve our product and service. I appreciate your mentioning me, it is a team effort .
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Princeton area.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed two nights and a day. The wifi did not work the entire time. The signal was fine - it appeared to be an issue with the provider. My room, my partners' rooms, and the lobby had sluggish or non-page opening wifi. When I asked the staff about the problem they insisted I call the provider with an 800 number. The guests should not be asked to call tech support for a service the motel is selling.
Not good for business travel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bobcatgut
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for responding and sharing your comments on your recent stay. I am sorry that the wireless connection was an issue for you, please accept my apology. As you may be aware, Red Roof Inns uses as our internet provider Wandering WiFi. I regret that their service was not satisfactory . I will share your comments with them so that this does not occur in the future.
Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to better serving you in the future.
Michael Whalen
Red Roof Inn Lawrenceville NJ 08648.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Alyssia at the checkin desk and Detra made the checkin smooth and quick. Both were helpfull with any question about the Inn and the surrounding area. Mr. Michael Whalen the general manager greeted my wife and myself as if we were family.We had a great experiance and look foward to returning in the future

Room Tip: First floor is better if your troubled with steps as I am and in most cases only a few steps to unlo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank robert z
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I booked online, sight unseen, and was not disappointed. 2-night stay tax and all $166.15.
I was in a spacious King suite with flat screen tv, a great work-space and Wi-Fi, frig and microwave. I will be glad when ALL Red Roof Inn's provide breakfast for your stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The room itself was adequate. The la crosse tournament was going on in Princeton that weekend, so we were grateful to get a room at all. And unlike the more upscale hotel at which we had been staying earlier in the week, the rate included wifi and a refrigerator (although, alas, only decaf coffee for the coffeemaker).

It took a while to check in: not sure whether it was because they were really that busy, or whether they could have been more efficient.

When we were checking in, the woman ahead of us in line was actually already a guest, and needed to get a new room key because hers had derezzed. The front desk clerk explained to her that this was an occupational hazard of keeping one's room key in one's wallet, near the credit cards' magnetic strips. (Don't worry; this detail turns out to be important later.)

We stayed two nights, and returned to our room the second evening to find that my key, too, had derezzed. I went to the front desk to get a new key while my husband continued to unload the car.

I told the front desk clerk that the key had derezzed. She then asked me for photo id, which I thought was a little silly, because she had been the same clerk who had checked us in the night before. After carefully inspecting my driver's license, she then told me that she couldn't give me a new key, because the room was under my husband's name, not mine, so I would need to go get him.

The best part of the story: my husband had left his key in the room in its little paper envelope the entire time, never exposing it to any credit cards, but it, too, was derezzed. This is not a magnetic accident; this is a deliberate policy on the motel's part.

This is ridiculous. Which is more likely: that I concocted an elaborate plot to ambush another guest in their Red Roof Inn room, for which I had prepared by checking into another room (hence explaining the room key I had) and supplying a fake id (so that they couldn't trace the dastardly deed to me after I showed her my photo id (in which case, why wouldn't I just make a fake id giving my name as the person I wanted to ambush?)), or that I was really a hotel guest, and my card (which I have in my hand), had just derezzed, especially given that this seems to be the motel's policy for all guests who stay more than one night?

Accusing every guest of being a dangerous criminal and requiring them to provide evidence of their innocence is not really what I would call hospitable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We value our guest's feedback on their stay. We do require that guests show identification at check in and when coming to the desk to ask for another key. This is for the security of both the guest and the Inn. This policy is widespread in the hotel industry. I do not know of any hotels that do not have this policy. Additional keys are given to the registered guest for the room. A new key lock system was installed shortly before your stay. This is an upgrade over the prior system, we have had some growing pains with it.
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

It's 3:30 am. The smell of a soapy or cleaning substance has me awake writing this as I cannot sleep.

This is the 2nd room I tried too. I'm tempted to finish the night's sleep in the car as morning cannot come fast enough.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Bpinnc
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Red Roof Lawrenceville. We value our guests feedback to help us improve our product and service . I am sorry that you were disatisfied with your stay.
We use cleaning products that have the least amount of odor while remaing effective. I regret that this was not the case during your stay.
Thank you for staying with us. it is my hope that we will be better able to serve you in the future.
Michael Whalen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Howard Johnson - Princeton/Lawrenceville
Lafayette Park Hotel and Suites
Clarion Hotel Palmer Inn
Clarion Hotel Palmer Inn
#15 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing? Share your experiences!