“3 day stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Sterling, Pennsylvania
“3 day stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Alyssia at the checkin desk and Detra made the checkin smooth and quick. Both were helpfull with any question about the Inn and the surrounding area. Mr. Michael Whalen the general manager greeted my wife and myself as if we were family.We had a great experiance and look foward to returning in the future

Room Tip: First floor is better if your troubled with steps as I am and in most cases only a few steps to unlo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank robert z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

I booked online, sight unseen, and was not disappointed. 2-night stay tax and all $166.15.
I was in a spacious King suite with flat screen tv, a great work-space and Wi-Fi, frig and microwave. I will be glad when ALL Red Roof Inn's provide breakfast for your stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

The room itself was adequate. The la crosse tournament was going on in Princeton that weekend, so we were grateful to get a room at all. And unlike the more upscale hotel at which we had been staying earlier in the week, the rate included wifi and a refrigerator (although, alas, only decaf coffee for the coffeemaker).

It took a while to check in: not sure whether it was because they were really that busy, or whether they could have been more efficient.

When we were checking in, the woman ahead of us in line was actually already a guest, and needed to get a new room key because hers had derezzed. The front desk clerk explained to her that this was an occupational hazard of keeping one's room key in one's wallet, near the credit cards' magnetic strips. (Don't worry; this detail turns out to be important later.)

We stayed two nights, and returned to our room the second evening to find that my key, too, had derezzed. I went to the front desk to get a new key while my husband continued to unload the car.

I told the front desk clerk that the key had derezzed. She then asked me for photo id, which I thought was a little silly, because she had been the same clerk who had checked us in the night before. After carefully inspecting my driver's license, she then told me that she couldn't give me a new key, because the room was under my husband's name, not mine, so I would need to go get him.

The best part of the story: my husband had left his key in the room in its little paper envelope the entire time, never exposing it to any credit cards, but it, too, was derezzed. This is not a magnetic accident; this is a deliberate policy on the motel's part.

This is ridiculous. Which is more likely: that I concocted an elaborate plot to ambush another guest in their Red Roof Inn room, for which I had prepared by checking into another room (hence explaining the room key I had) and supplying a fake id (so that they couldn't trace the dastardly deed to me after I showed her my photo id (in which case, why wouldn't I just make a fake id giving my name as the person I wanted to ambush?)), or that I was really a hotel guest, and my card (which I have in my hand), had just derezzed, especially given that this seems to be the motel's policy for all guests who stay more than one night?

Accusing every guest of being a dangerous criminal and requiring them to provide evidence of their innocence is not really what I would call hospitable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We value our guest's feedback on their stay. We do require that guests show identification at check in and when coming to the desk to ask for another key. This is for the security of both the guest and the Inn. This policy is widespread in the hotel industry. I do not know of any hotels that do not have this policy. Additional keys are given to the registered guest for the room. A new key lock system was installed shortly before your stay. This is an upgrade over the prior system, we have had some growing pains with it.
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

It's 3:30 am. The smell of a soapy or cleaning substance has me awake writing this as I cannot sleep.

This is the 2nd room I tried too. I'm tempted to finish the night's sleep in the car as morning cannot come fast enough.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Bpinnc
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Red Roof Lawrenceville. We value our guests feedback to help us improve our product and service . I am sorry that you were disatisfied with your stay.
We use cleaning products that have the least amount of odor while remaing effective. I regret that this was not the case during your stay.
Thank you for staying with us. it is my hope that we will be better able to serve you in the future.
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Very busy Red Roof Inn that moves a lot of people in and out. Our King Superior room did have a mini-refridge and microwave (which I didn't not try), but there was no hair dryer. That's OK because the electrical outlet did not work near the sink and mirror, which meant that the coffee maker with missing pieces wouldn't work either. I was able to easily get a cup of coffee in the lobby. Over all the place did not give you a sense of confidence that things were taken care of. But there was plenty of hot water and the shower worked well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Elaine S
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay at the Red Roof Lawrenceville. We value our guest's feedback and input to help us improve our product and service.
I am sorry that all the items in your room were not in working order during your stay. This is not our usual operating standard. I want you to know that we are taking the steps needed to prevent a future occurance.
Thank you for staying with us.
Red Roof Inn Lawrenceville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Sketchy location, dirty office which was visible to the public since they left the blinds open. People already in the lobby complaining that rooms were undone and looking like someone had already slept there, very seedy looking people hanging outside their rooms smoking and others looking high/drunk with visibly open sores...words cannot express how nasty this hotel was. We even saw garbage on the ice machine! This was a last minute emergency reservation, but I rather
sleep in my car!!!!!. Would certainly not let my children spend one minute there! This place should be called a homeless sheltet, not even close to a decent motel! Luckily Hotels.com was understanding and was able to refund us our money!

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank luvmaboyzzz
Thank you for your recent review on Trp Advisor. We value our guests feedback. I am sorry that you were disatisfied with your stay. Please accept my apolgy. The conditions you describe are certainly not our normal operating standards.We are using your review as a teaching tool for our team to stress the importance of guest perception and feedback.It is our expectation that this will make a difference in our appearence.
I do not know when your future plans will bring you to the area. If they do , I would ask that you give us an opportunity to show you what a great stay should be.
General Mnager
Red Roof Inn
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

I would not recommend this place. Our non-smoking room reeked of smoke upon checkin, in which the front desk representative was miserable. It was easily available but still cost nearly $100 for a night in June. I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pete M
RedRoof111, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for your response to your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn. We value our guest's feedback. I am sorry your stay did not meet your expectations, please accept my sincere apology.
The issue of smoking guests in non smoking one can present a challenge. While we strive to treat every room where this occurs, I regret this was not the case during your stay.
Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to better serving you in the future.
Red Roof Inn Princeton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
Comfort Inn of Princeton
#1 of 15 in Princeton
Hyatt Place Princeton
Hyatt Place Princeton
#6 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing? Share your experiences!