“Cute place, big menu”

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #15 of 91 Restaurants in Lawrenceville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Cute place, big menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

First time trying Joe's it was good. Our order was screwed up a bit but they took care of it quickly. The food is so so. Different then the Red Lobster, not like your typical shore seafood experience but good for the area. Will be back to try.

• Visited April 2013

Princeton Junction, NJ
“a bit noisey for us”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Joes is a chain through out the area. The food tends to be a bit salty for us. this location was a fun time but not the type of sea food we enjoy.

State College, Pennsylvania
“very bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Joe's had very awsome food up until I found a hair in my food. The manager said he would take care of it and asked me if I wanted something else I said no but I would want more ribs. I then couldn't eat the next set cause I lost my appetite and asked for a togo box I was then charged for my ribs and the explanation was because I was taking the second ones home I had to pay for them. To me I shouldn't have to pay for them at all they were replacing my ones with the hair and they put on the reciept it was because I didn't like them. What a crock I love them up until the hair. The manager said he would take off the appetizer and gave me a coupon for a free appetizer with the purchase of and entree and it was only good for that location.I'm from pa not nj so I have no use for it. I will never visit that joe's again. I have been to other joe's the food was good as well as the atmosphere and I didn't have to wait twenty minutes or more for food. I will eat at joe's again just not that one.

• Visited February 2013
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“So-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stopped for lunch a little after 1 PM on a Monday. Restaurant about half full. Almost ten minutes before drink order and we ordered food at the same time. Took another 35 minutes to get a couple of sandwiches and fries. Food was okay -- nothing great. The fries could have been hotter. The chicken BLT was delivered without the lettuce and bacon which sort of defeats ordering something as a BLT. Never offered drink refills, although the server did ask how the food was about ten minutes after delivering it. We ordered a side of hush puppies, but that was a mistake. Flattened out into thick circles, they could have been hockey pucks. We've had great hush puppies at many places and I thought a seafood restaurant, even in NJ, could produce something better than those. We had never been here before and we realize the name says crab shack, but we were hoping for more seafood that was not shellfish. We're used to the crab houses in Maryland which have far more choices for fish, as well as the shellfish.

• Visited February 2013
Trenton, NJ
“Low quality, high prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Took my family out for my daughter's 21st birthday and was disappointed with the quality of the food. Granted, this is not a upscale restaurant, but I would expect it to be better at preparing the food that they specialize in. Also, the prep choices were limited....steamed or fried.

• Visited January 2013