“Awesome food and service!”

Chambers Walk Cafe & Catering
Reserve with OpenTable
Chambers Walk Cafe & Catering is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 99 Restaurants in Lawrenceville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gordon Aveneue & Route 206
Transit: New Jersey Transit bus stop is on Route 206, aka Main Street, across the street (northbound to Princeton) or one block south (southbound to Trenton)
Description: Chambers Walk Cafe & Catering. Serving Lunch 7 days a week,11:30-2:30, Dinner T-Sat 6-9. BYOB & a small selection of local wines. Cooking Classes. Over 28 years of Fine Corporate & Social Catering. Full Service Catering..Rentals, staff, we do it all. Weddings are our specialty.
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is an undiscovered gem, with a real foodie sensibility. Worth the trip!

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Chambers Walk's entrance can be a bit hard to find as it is a side entrance with a sweet path connecting the main street and the parking lot in back.

Ambiance and entry - At first glance there is charm and a warm welcoming feeling. Truly the atmosphere is lovely but something still misses the mark. I am not sure what it is but I think if it was a little more crowded. Sounds strange I know, because we all hate having tables so close and on top of each other. The room does have enough texture - brick wall, wooden floors and hanging art so I can only thing the space is too big for the amount of tables.

Food - was excellent. The quality, selection and willingness of the chef to modify and create to your taste is wonderful. This chef is almost mismatched to this restaurant as I think he belongs in a higher end local.

negative- There is a mildew smell when you first enter. Not sure if it dissipates or you get used to it and stop noticing. I once commented that they need to place some dehumidifiers in the area but the hostess dismissed my suggestion. Too bad. - This should not deter you from going to Chambers Walk though.

This restaurant is down to earth, not upscale but just what I often want when I go out with friends. A place with good food, comfortable ambiance and parking.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Chambers Walk offers a casual fine dining experience. The lunch menu has standards and unique offerings, the dinner menu is planned with the season and local ingredients in mind. We like the BYOB which allows for a full dinner without breaking the bank purchasing drinks. The desserts are worth saving room for--green tea creme bulee and banana/peanut butter bouche are our two favorites. Closed for dinner Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings are less crowded. Reservations are recommended Friday and Saturday. Dinner runs about $35-$50. If going out to eat for you is just about filling your belly there are plenty of oversized portion restaurants on Route One. If you enjoy well prepared, palate exciting food then take a trip to Chambers Walk.

1  Thank BearTavern
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I've been here a few times before, since I work up the road. It is always good, although they have a very unconventional way of ordering, sort of like "cafeteria style." You order, you pay, you sit down, they bring food. I've never struck out for lunch, albeit, I usually order simple, like a turkey club, buffalo wrap or salad.

I took my wife there recently for dinner. It seems like a natural setting for lunch, dinner seems a little out of place. We both had a salad, which was screaming for dressing. I opted for the salmon, and my wife had a steak. Both were over cooked. Had some disgusting coconut water (my fault). But, mainly it was a bit pricey. I will continue going for lunch, but probably would pass on dinner.

1  Thank Denny F
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Charming Bistro/Cafe. The food was good as was the ambiance and the service.