“Crabs Claw”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good food Fun atmosphere great service have been there at least 12 times since Sandy and have been very satisfied each time

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Been going to Crab's Claw for years on vacations, and it always feels welcoming. Had the soft shell crab - as I always do here - and as usual, it was great! Service friendly, food good, prices ok, but you get the real feel of being where the locals hang - nice atmospshpere. Sports bar/restaurant, you know it's the "in" place in Lavallette.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have eaten there many times as it is one of few places to eat in Lavallette. The setting is great with a sports bar atmosphere, historic type building and usually a one-person entertainment thing going on. The cost is on the high side. What you notice first is the silverware is sub-truck stop restaurant quality. It is a step up from plastic.....Not the end of the world but for a high end price they could afford a decent fork. The next issue is the service. Now in most of my experience, I hardly have time to get through the menu before the server is ready to take our order. That's not the case here. I reviewed the menu....and it is a large selection....three times and still waited an inordinate amount of time to have the server take our order. This while many extra servers stood with nothing to do. Drinks ....great selection....again at a premium cost. You can't go wrong there though....but you pay a premium for it. One other reviewer indicated the food was hit and miss....well said. Not much flavor on my last visit....but I have had some good meals there in the past. The ownership isn't getting it but it doesn't seem to matter....the selection in Lavallette is limited so it is packed most evenings. In summary: if in the area it is a spot to experience....just expect to pay a premium fee and get a hit or miss result....and cheap silverware.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Well if you average out how everyone’s food was for dinner in our party of 3 its just average. The appetizers were not good (stuffed mushrooms and Calamari) neither had any flavor. My sea scallops were awsome. My wifes cedar plank salmon was good. My daughters coconut shrimp were ok. So hit and miss. Now I would recommend the burgers and salads. They do have a nice place to sit outside and eat and this was a nice place to have lunch.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I look forward to my dinner out here every year! They have great fresh fish, I like it broiled, cooked almost any way you might want it. The chowder is to die for and the deserts are awesome, too. Overall, an experience I keep coming back to year after year and I'm not disappointed!
No seeming ill effect from Sandy as the restaurant was in full swing without any signs of repairs or unrepaired damage. I'm glad this landmark escaped the storm, will be back again!