“Overpriced”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Food is decent but way overpriced. Wont be back. As I have to come up with 100 characters I have added this useless sentence

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Crab's Claw has served Lavalette holiday makers and locals for many years and is a favorite spot for many local seniors.

My wife and I dined at the Crab's Claw while taking a short vacation on the Jersy Shore and were a little disappointed. Her starter, oysters on the half shell, was excellent, but the shrimp in my shrimp cocktail had been boiled to a rubber consistency. Conversely my main course, the BBQ Combo was very good, especially the pulled pork which was done to perfection. My wife's soft shell crab special however, was mush.

The espresso machine was not working when we ordered our after dinner coffee.
Our server, Chris, deserves credit for a job well done.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

All staff get thumbs up
Stick to the seafood dishes and you will be happy.
steak was overcooked,salads dont order,

1  Thank dtasan
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Sometimes it's not just about great food, it's about experience. This is not a fancy restaurant, it reminded us of some of the neighborhood places back in NY. We got a table fairly quick and when we entered, and were immediately put into a joyful mood by the octogenarian at the piano. The man did not stop for a second and was a delight to watch and listen. We went there for clams and oysters, and they were super fresh! We were told to try the sashimi tuna which was just as good. There's not much to say, it's a low key location, down to earth, the food is what you would expect and than some. Young waiters and waitresses, and our young man Tom was extremely courteous and helpful. We were down here for a two day vacation, and we were glad we had a chance to stop by this location!

1  Thank NJTNY
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I've been disappointed the last few times I went to Crab's Claw.......the food is just average, and the prices are a bit too high.....the seafood chowder is thickened with flour, thus it is like glue......the seafood entrees are just ok.....except for the fried oysters; they are the best around....they don't take reservations, so you are forced to wait outside like a bread line.....don't bother.......

1  Thank Roger H