“THE CRABS CLAW IS LIKE GOING TO "CHEERS"”

The Crab's Claw Inn
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Lavallette
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
lavallette
“THE CRABS CLAW IS LIKE GOING TO "CHEERS"”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We always love going to THE CLAW-the proprieters-Sam and Louise-have owned this establishment since 1979-you should come to their birthday party every year!!We have eaten there many many times and always have a wonderful meal-seafood is extra special fresh daily-they have marvelous earlybirds which include soup,salad,entree,dessert for a very reasonable price-regular specials are on the higher end reasonable-one of the special secrets is their happy hour with spectacular appetizers!!Great lobsters!!Love it!!

• Visited January 2012

Swansboro, North Carolina
“Got pinched by the Claw”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Took the whole family there for dinner. First and last time we will ever go there. Food was average, service was average and the price was well above average for what showed up on your plate. Atlantic beach has plenty of places to eat that will leave you much happier than the Crabs Claw

• Visited December 2011
Maplewood, New Jersey
“I think I want what they're having”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My dinner companion and I happened upon this place taking the scenic route back from Cape May. We wandered in late Sunday afternoon just as the early bird specials were being offered. The batter on the fish and chips was way too soggy and the shrimp in the in the fra diavlo sauce too rubbery. The salads were swimming in dressing and the apple crisp was glopped in an ice cream dish, not particularly crisp and topped with canned whipped cream. Ok, so that's the bad news and, no, I wouldn't recommend the place for dinner. Although, I also don't recall driving past too much in the immediate area, so if you were starving, that's another story. But, here's the good part, they do serve 99 different kinds of beer, have a table set up to make your own bloody mary or bubbles concoction and bar food all at reduced prices during any NFL game. The patrons crowded around the TVs at the bar did seem to be enjoying themselves. Given slightly different circumstances and greater proximity, I would definitely give that a second look.

• Visited October 2011
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
“Brunch grand opening as good as bad fish.”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Starting off my Sunday in dire need of a mimosa, I dismissed many of my favorite stand-by's to get a bite to eat and clear some cob-webs. From a recent recommendation of a colleuge, I took the trip out of the Point Pleasant area and made my way to the Crabs Claw for the first time. Needing directions my gf looked up the web site and were excited to see the ad for their grand opening of their brunch. As I made my way South down 35 , I had no idea that my morning would too be going South as well. When we walked in at roughly 10:05, we were the first customers on the scene. In hindsight, I was on the heals of an employee who also made her way through the door at the same time( this should have been an indication of what was to come). The first thig I saw was most of the service staff still in a pre-shift meeting. A few others were beginning to prepare the set-up. What an utter dissaster this whole experience was. We sat at the bar by choice and watched as the bartender made fresh squeezed OJ with the machine. He however, paid no attention to us. At some point our server approached us and as a few more patrons made their way in. I'm assuming this was our servers first time serving....ever. Hint to server: keeping a customers coffe cup topped off and hot without having to be asked at least three times, this is food service 101. This many cups of coffee was needed because we waited roughly 45-50 minutes for eggs and homefries. Eggs and homes that when arrived were luke warm at best. I kid you not readers. Other patrons that had come after us, had eaten and left before us. I dont have the time in my day or desire to continue, but I could as there is more. All I know is mgmt was nowhere to be found and seemingly had little impact on a positive operation for their new brunch idea. Consider your options elsewhere before wasting your time at Crabs Claw.

• Visited September 2011
New Jersey
“Always a good meal at the Crab's Claw”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Every year we come down to Lavallette and make sure to have a dinner at Crab's Claw. The restaurant has become a town icon for Lavallette. It has been there for years and is always crowded. If you can withstand an hour wait during the high season, it is worth it for fresh good local seafood. To pass the time, grab a seat at the bar, or head upstairs to the "West Virginia" themed bar.

The Crab's Claw also offers breakfast in the morning. Their eggs benedict are very good with several variations of the classic dish. Be sure to check out the Crabs Claw, whether it be for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Its been around forever for a reason!

• Visited September 2011