“Not as advertised”

Sand Dollar Pancake House & Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 27 Restaurants in Lavallette
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife ordered pancakes TOPPED with apples, cinnamon, and whipped cream. What she received was 3 pancakes on a plate, with a bowl of cold fried apples. I had a Greek omelet, which wasn't to bad, but the side of 3 sausages, they were black! Well done to the extreme. Maybe it was an off day, but the son in the back cooking and cranking out music didn't help either.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Tried this place for the first time yesterday because it appears cozy and inviting from the outside. I ordered the Apple Cinnamon pancakes, which, according to the description, were to be covered with apple compote and served with whipped cream. Instead, what I received were 2 spongy pancakes, and a dish of cold apples on the side, with cinnamon; no whipped cream. My husband ordered a side of sausage which was way overcooked. Omelet was ok. Very friendly service but the food is definitely not up to par. It's a shame because the menu is fantastic but to us not worth returning.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and fast for breakfast. Food was good eggs were fresh and pancakes too! The new place is very clean. Worth the trip!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Bright, clean and very accommodating. I love the Belgian waffles with fresh fruit and whipped cream... Indulgent. I love that however I order my eggs, they get them spot on. frech toast is moist and brow around the edges. A great spot!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Good food. Creative menu. They have stuffed french toast! Great service. It was very enjoyable. I had a vegie burger because there is lunch also. Family each had french toast and loved it.