“Nice place but wish it was smoke free”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lavallette
The Lamplight Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lavallette
“Nice place but wish it was smoke free”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Lamplight is in a great location and the rooms are clean but the smoking area is in the common area right next to the pool. We had to walk throught the smoke to get to our room and smell it the entire time we were in the pool.( Most of the smoking was yhe owner) My children do not need to be inhaling second hand smoke......wish they had a smoking area away from the rooms!

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Rceljbm
foofoojack, Manager at The Lamplight Motel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Once again, The Lamplight allows our smoking guests, a smoking section. Our Rooms are smoke free, and smokers do have a section on our patio and sun deck. When making a reservation, if you had asked for a location away from that section, we would have gladly put you in a room further from the patio.

Lamplight Motel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Belleville, New Jersey
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I stay at the Lamplight Motel every summer. It was our first time back since Hurricane Sandy struck and we weren't sure what to expect. The motel was great before, but it is back and better than ever. The first floor rooms were redone following Sandy and were extremely comfortable and cheery. We were greeted with a friendly smile by the owner, Ann Marie, who checked us in and showed us to our room. She makes you feel like you're "home." The staff is extremely friendly and efficient and anything we needed they were right there to provide. Except for the heat and humidity, the weather was great. We relaxed by the pool soaking up the rays. The atmosphere is laid back and there are no crazy parties as you might expect to see in neighboring towns. Can't wait until our next trip "home."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gramma3352
New Jersey
Reviewed July 10, 2013

For years my husband and I have stayed at the Lamplight during the week of July 4th. After taking a few years off, we decided to head back to Lavallette to spend our vacation. The last time we visited the LampLight was prior to Superstorm Sandy (Labor Day weekend 2012) so we were a bit unsure what to expect. We were reassured by the Lamplight that the majority of everything in the Lavallette area was back up and running.

As we drove down Route 35 we noticed the destruction and damage throughout Mantoloking and it was quite sad. Some homes were spared, while others were completely gone. We were were relieved when we arrived in Lavallette and could see that everything looked pretty much as if nothing happened.

We arrived at the Lamplight and were welcomed back by the owner with a friendly smile. It was great to see her. She checked us in and showed us pictures of what happened after the storm in Lavallette and the surrounding areas. It was just mind blowing to see all the damage and come back to the Lamplight and never guess anything had happened. We headed to our room and she told us how all the first floor rooms had water damage and were redone. We noticed the new decor and added new features (flat screen wall mounted tvs, additional furniture, etc.). Just like our previous stays, our room was very comfortable and clean (and if not better then before).

The weather was not the greatest during our stay, but we made the best of it by relaxing by the pool or catching a few late afternoon rays upstairs on the rooftop patio. The majority of businesses were reopened in Lavallette (with the exception of places such as Salty's, Bayside Cafe). We did walk to the bay side and saw more homes that had been damaged. The beach in Lavallette itself was back and looked a bit larger then last year.

The Lamplight is very convenient to go to and from the beach and is centrally located to nearby restaurants and shops. This place has worked hard to bounce back after the storm and it shows. The friendly staff makes you feel that you are back "home".

We are headed back "home" this Labor Day and hope to have better weather!

Room Tip: If you like a quieter room, choose a room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NJSusan-7
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This is just a clean, friendly, perfectly located little place. Very pleasant staff and for the location, not a bad price. Quiet and no crazy parties like you see in Seaside a few miles South. Convenient to the only bar in Lavallette and to some terrific restaurants. Plus the coffee is really good. Only problem I have is the small TV, but by next year that will be changing also. I will see you again next June or sooner.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank UncleBud77
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This motel is a hidden Gem at the Jersey Shore. Our original reservation was August 2011, at which time the Lamplight called us and informed us that the town of Lavallette was being evacuated due to a hurricane. The Lamplight offered to refund our deposit, or we could hold reservation and come another time. We opted to come again....2011 came and went and we forgot about our credit. August 2012 came, and when discussing our lost vacation from the previous year, We called the Lamplight and made another reservation fully expecting to pay. To my surprise, three hours after I made reservation, Anne Marie, the manager of the motel called me to remind me that We did have a two night credit and advised that this credit would be applied.

Upon check in We were welcomed warmly, offered coffee, and even offered us beach tags for the beach. Our room was clean, deck outside our room was clean and had comfortable seating. We had three wonderful days staying there, and anything we needed, employees were right there to help...I already booked for next year.

I can't say enough good about this motel and the staff.

Tony and Alicia

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bigtony1357
Allamuchy, New Jersey
Reviewed September 6, 2012

It's not often you find a place down the shore that feels just as comfortable as renting a house near the beach. This is a great option if you want a great location, great customer service, a good value and a friendly atmosphere. You can't go wrong with the Lamplight. Anemarie and her staff will take good care of you. The rooms are cozy, the bathrooms clean with good water pressure in the shower. The rooms have a small refrigerator which is convenient to hold onto your snacks and beverages while at the beach. The pool is clean and inviting. The Lamplight never disappoints. It's my home away from home in Lavallette.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kathryn B
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I wish I could have given this place a better ranking. It seems nice and new, and the rooms are much nicer than I expected from a Jersey shore motel. But as soon as we checked in I was hit right in the face with a horrible cigarette smell. The woman that checked us in was helpful and informative (I assume the owner). I could see a pack of cigarettes and lighter plus an ashtray with cigarette butts behind the front desk. After I saw this I really had very little hope of anything good.

Once we got in our room, (that was very nice) I used the bathroom and picked up a towel and WHAM... there it was again. The horrible cigarette smell was in my towel. I walked to a room that turned out to be the laundry facility hoping to switch our towels with some fresh ones. No one was in there but I could see another large ashtray on the washing machine filled with cigarette butts. At that moment I knew I would not ever get fresh towels. Every day of our stay the cigarette odor was in our towels! We actually used beach towels we brought from home for showering and bought a few cheap beach towels in a local store for beach use.

I really wish I could have given this place a better review. Hopefully the owners will make changes to address the cigarette odor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank LTtravelUSA
Lamplightmanager, Owner at The Lamplight Motel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Smoking at the Lamplight Motel is limited to our outside patio and Sun Deck. At no time was there smoking or full ashtrays in the office. Our housekeeping department does use our Laundry Room to clean our outdoor ashtrays, therefore what you may have seen is my staff doing their Jobs and keeping both the rooms and our outside patios clean. All Lamplight employees that do smoke, do so in our designated smoking areas.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lavallette
Point Pleasant Manor
Point Pleasant Manor
#8 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Days Hotel Toms River Jersey Shore
Sand Pebble Motor Lodge
Sand Pebble Motor Lodge
#4 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River
Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms Ri...
#26 of 39 in Seaside Heights
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & ...
#11 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
Pelican Point Motel
Pelican Point Motel
#1 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to The Lamplight Motel? Share your experiences!