“Disaster at Deanna's”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2007

A favorite for special occasions and entertaining...until recently. A new policy limiting diners to 4 drinks came as a shock when I was refused an add'l after-dinner drink. My routine is a cocktail before dinner, 1-2 glasses of wine with and an after-dinner drink except when the company is good and I may order one more. NOT AT DEANNA's. After first being told that they were out of my selection the waiter added I had already met the 4 drink limit. NOTE IF YOU SHARE A BOTTLE OF WINE YOU WILL BE MARKED DOWN FOR 2 GLASSES REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE. To add to the embarassment we were with a couple (one of many) that we had introduced to the restaurant and who had since become regulars. After seeing our shock, the waiter then returned with my drink "that they were out of." No longer on my short list...and shouldn't be on yours if you prefer to eat and drink at YOUR own pace. It wouldn't be so bad if the policy was obviously stated somewhere instead of apparently being discretionary. It should be noted however that they would gladly serve you 4 stiff martini's at the bar and shove you out the door to do as you please!

3  Thank HCSBucksCounty

Reviewed December 5, 2006

This is a consistently excellent restaurant. I'm always proud to bring friends and family from out of town to DeAnna's. The bar is fun and lively, the food is fresh and the changing specials are always amazing. They also have a great selection of affordable wines and the homemade ricotta cheesecake is to die for! A cut above the rest.

2  Thank BesameMucho
A TripAdvisor Member
bucks county
Reviewed July 12, 2006

Not very special selections. The descriptions seemed more exciting than the reality of the dishes. The warm cheesecake sounded great, but lacked flavor and orginality when it arrived. It seemed an ordinary box cake with a some ricotta added. It comes in both chocolate and vanilla and each get a quick pass throught the micro before being served. The ambiance is quaint, and the outdoor seating is lovely in pleasant weather. Prices reflect the atmosphere, but not the quality of the entrees. Service is abrupt, but mildly effecient.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 24, 2006

We live about 20 minutes away from Lambertville and often go into this river town for weekend dinners! Deanna's is one of our favorite spots to eat! We often eat outdoors when the weather is nice. I was surprised to see the first review since we have never had a bad meal here. We usually order the balsamic marinated eggplant as an appetizer and then one of us has a pasta (their raviolis are wonderful) and one of us has a special for the evening and we then share. The last time we went (early April) they had a pork dish that was first rate--I nearly licked the plate. For dessert you must try the warm vanilla ricotta cheesecake. It is their specialty and totally different from any cheesecake I've ever had. It is not cheap to eat here but I don't think of it as overpriced either. A salad is included with your meal. At their former location on Lilly St. this was a BYOB, which kept the bill down, but now they have a liquor license and so it is more expensive--but not outrageous!

2  Thank NapaNovice
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 4, 2006

The food becomes terrible rather than okay when you get the check. The food is fair, certainly not outstanding. The heavy pasta selections are overcooked and average. Don't miss the check, it will definetly be extrodinary. PS-Don't linger over your after dinner coffee or drinks. The message is eat, and leave-we want to turn this table.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member