“Never disappointed for over 15 years!”

DeAnna's Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 45 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
new jersey
“Never disappointed for over 15 years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2008

Grateful for the love and care that goes into the homemade food at DeAnna's! Always consistently delicious, amazing atmosphere and polished service!! My husband and I have been going to DeAnna's for over 15 years and always look forward to it!Hardly anyone these days bothers to take the time to put love and attention into food like this. I recently had a fabulous ribeye...simple but perfectly grilled, and my husband had his favorite the pasta bolognese. Also had an amazing organic mixed green salad with poached egg...masterfully done! I never leave without having the mocha fudge cake that's like heaven.

Washington, DC
“Disappointed in DeAnna's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2008

We were going to go to a different restaurant until the bartender at our inn recommended DeAnna's. He's a regular there and called and got us a reservation as we were walking out the door. The decor is charming, though a bit dark. We were there on a Thursday night, when they have music. At first I was thrilled because we never go out to listen to music, but, even though the trio and singer were great, after a while it was just too loud in a small space. The food was average at best. The portobella mushroom appetizer and the salads were so heavy on the balsamic that they were almost inedible. In fact, I traded my mushroom appetizer for my husband's mozzarella and roasted red peppers. The pepers were too cold. My husband propped my old appetizer up on it's side to drain as much of the vinegar off just to be able to eat it. I couldn't finish my salad. The pasta is homemade, but tasteless and overcooked. My husband's puttanesca had so many olives they could have used them in sauce for several more people. When he finished, his plate was completely covered in olives. Puttanesca is a salty dish to begin with, so to kill it with olives is a big mistake. I have to say, the sauce on my calamari fra diavolo was good, too bad the pasta wasn't. The wine list was nicely organized, but a little expensive, especially when given the number of byob restaurants in Lambertville. We are a little picky because I cook Italian and travel to Italy quite a bit, but we're not food snobs. With such a strong recommendation from a regular we decided to give it a try. Never again.

Olathe, KS
“Not Worth the Drive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2008

Ate here for a rehearsal dinner. Service was okay (waiter named Zachary was excellent, other individuals were so-so). Food was mediocre and while we didn't pay for dinner, I'm sure the check was astronomical. Another couple ordered two deli sandwiches and ended up being $30. Nice ambience, but overpriced!!

London
“A Sad Sack Place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2008

I enjoyed DeAnna's at the old location (which is now Café Galleria). I've tried DeAnna's at the "new" (new being a couple of years now) restaurant and have to admit, as a local, I hate it. Servers are pretentious and the food is nothing special. Sad because the ambience is terrific. You can, in good weather, dine outside or in casual mode you can order bar food. But the vibe is awful (and the food is not good enough to make up for it). Every time I've dined here (three times, three chances as far as I'm concerned, and you're out) servers have been smug and supercilious and inept and food just doesn't make up for it.

Funniest thing. Last time I went I coaxed my husband to give it another try (he wasn't a fan even when the restaurant was in its original locale). We had the usual Manhattan-esque pretentious waiter (er, does he know he's no longer in Oz anymore?). We have dinner, we have a bottle of wine, we have a relatively nice time.

I'm treating my hubby. I hand over my credit card. Funny thing is that I've been reissued my two main cards of late (due to fraud issues and new passwords and other stuff). Snotty waiter comes back and says, huffily, credit card is rejected. Okey dokey, I give another card. Snotty waiter comes back and says, witheringly, this one is rejected as well. My husband, more sensitive than me, quickly hands over his Amex and it successfully performs.

But you know what's the weird thing? This restaurant is so pretentious that the fact that my errant cards put my waiter through a bit of trouble was delightful. That's pathetic. Ultimately, the restaurant's a big tourist haunt but if it's interested in locals who will visit more often and also in off seasons, I'm not feeling it.

We'll go elsewhere for Italian (and neighborhood feel) in future. But have to say -- am so disappointed. Would love for this place to be our local go-to spot. It just doesn't deliver.

new jersey
“waste of money, act like they are doing you a favor by letting you eat there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2008

there were so many things wrong with this restaurant, the food being the most disappointing. we waited for 15 minutes to be seated at our table which we had reservations for. our waitress seemed to not care at all about making sure our drinks got refilled. (presumably since we weren't drinking alcohol, the table next to us got her full attention every time they ordered a bottle of wine.) a different girl brought out our food, and tried to give us our dinner while we were midway through our salads. we told her to come back later. when we were ready for our dinner, it seemed to be the same plate from earlier, microwaved. you know how when pasta gets microwaved it gets rubbery and hard? well, it was. and my plate was burning hot, come on i know what a plate feels like after it gets microwaved.... we were seated right next to the four people crammed into the corner playing instruments, so it was too loud to carry on a conversation without shouting. and the prices! there is no reason to pay 20 dollars for five raviolis, that is just beyond ridiculous. i will never eat here again, and i recommend not wasting your money there either.

2 Thank dining_guru