“Classy and ricotta cheesecake, too!”

DeAnna's Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 48 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Deanna's Restaurant is classy and warm with a decor that is chic yet comfortable. Russell, the bartender, really knows wine and creates terrific martinis. Julie, our waitress, was friendly and really cared that our needs were met. The food is Italian comfort food at at its best. Yet there wonderful specials like the avocado gelato atop an arugula, beet salad. . .delicious. Ask my husband and he will tell you that the very best dish in Deanna's is the ricotta cheesecake. Great place to go mid-week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, for locals nights.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

The worst experience, I have ever had.

I was with a party of 8 that spent over $600 for dinner. I ordered the pasta bolognese, Everyone at the table was extremely unimpressed with the food except perhaps me with my second dish.

Here is my story. I'm allergic to Mushrooms and would have never guessed Mushrooms would have been present in bolognese, due to the fact that bolognese is my favorite dish in Italy and in every Italian Resturant in the US. That being said the server was very concerned when I was in the bathroom getting sick.
I went back to the table to join my friends, with a new meal being in front of me. I lost my appetite, but did take a few bites of my new meal and was appreciative of the server going the extra mile.

Now the fun starts, later that evening reviewing the bill, we were charged for both meals. Thinking this was an oversight, I brought it to managements attention . The reaction was anything but customer friendly. They agreed to give the money back after a long civil discussion. When handed a refund from a very unprofessional owner, that turned and walked away with a few nasty comments. I did say ' this was the worst customer service I have ever received. Specially since I'm in the same industry and know the challenges of a Resturant owner and it customers. The owner turned and said call 911!

Stunned and not waiting a confrontation, I walked out. Later that evening Lisa the manager was very professional and tried to do damage control over the phone.

I appreciate Lisa's efforts, but the damage was already done by a very unprofessional owner.

If you have a compliant, don't bring it up or they will call 911.

1  Thank Whisky-foodcritic
Reviewed January 7, 2014

On Thursday and Friday nights, DeAnna's has $1 raw bar. Shrimp, clams and oysters are $1 each from 4:30 to 6:30. Best deal ever. Armand is a great bartender and Lisa is the best (she runs the front of the house as well as being pastry chef). There is a special feel to DeAnna's that compliments the food which celebrates peasant Italian fare. DeAnna sure can cook.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

New Year's Eve is traditionally a very difficult restaurant night but this year's celebration at DeAnna's proved to be the exception. We had a terrific evening! The service, the cocktails, the appetizers, the entrees, the deserts ... all fantastic! Always enjoy Spring/Summer in their outdoor seating area but/and they really came through for us ... kicking off 2014!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I went to Deanna's years ago when it was on Main Street, in Lambertville, two times and I wasn't happy with the pasta dishes I had, especially since they advertise that the pasta was made there. So the other night I thought I'd try it again, I got a pasta dish with chicken and escole. Well the pasta was overcooked (very mushy), the chicken was tasteless and the escole was old and tough. However, the service was good.

1  Thank 98terry