“Great restaurant open in its new home.”
Review of Caffe Galleria

Caffe Galleria
Ranked #9 of 46 Restaurants in Lambertville
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
North Eastham, Massachusetts
“Great restaurant open in its new home.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were happy patrons of the old Caffe Galleria when it was in a small cozy space before it flooded. That was always one of our favorite restaurants in Lambertville. We ate at the Galleria in the Lambertville House while we waited for the opening of the new location on N. Union. I took twelve guests there when it first opened in its new house for my husband's birthday. They put us in a back room and it worked perfectly. Service was slow but friendly and they had just opened. Working out the kinks we all said. Yesterday, we went there for breakfast. There was one other party there at the time. Busy they were not. We ordered french toast and a large Quesada. It came promptly by a disinterested waitress. There was a tiny container of sour cream and salsa on the side. I was waiting to ask for more sour cream and salsa when I had finished half of my Quesada (fabulous by the way) and my husband wanted another cup of coffee. The waitress had disappeared never to return. We waited, read the paper and waited. I finally got up and went to the counter in front of the kitchen and asked if we could have more coffee and sour cream and salsa. Another waiter brought the items to the table. Our waitress was MIA. Now about the orange juice. I ordered orange juice and was given a "sample", 3 oz. in a 4 oz. glass for which I paid $4.00 (note to self--never order orange juice there again). Our original waitress appeared out of hiding with the check and when I mentioned I thought the orange juice serving was a little small for the price, she said "Orange juice is expensive." I always keep negative comments to myself in nice restaurants that I love but I told her she needed to "step it up as a waitress." However, the food is always great there and the new building is wonderful. Most of their employees are great. Don't miss this place if you are visiting Lambertville.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank WorldTravel1962

Princeton, New Jersey
“Better than Sprig & Vine”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My mom and I were out shopping in Lambertville, on our way to Sprig & Vine (in New Hope) when the shopkeeper overheard me complaining that we always eat there (because of her picky diet) and I felt like being a bit carnivorous. He suggested Caffe Galleria so we decided to give it a try.

Don't judge it too harshly from the outside, or the entryway. It's in an old estate house, which is cool, but you have to kind of go in a side door and the hand painted whimsical sign kind of made me think our waiters were going to have roller skates on. Then right upon entering there's a huge gelato counter - which is fine but I didn't want it to turn out to be a pizza place either. Because of this awkward first impression is the only reason I dock it one dot. Everything else was sublime.

Once we were inside the dining hall it was a completely different story. The rough wooden tables are amazing, and hung on every wall is a local artist show. Immediately I noticed on the table was a pink rock salt grinder, and well as our own pepper grinder. Then it seemed as if they already knew and remedied my personal pet peeves about restaurants. They gave us our own small glass pitcher of water to help ourselves, and offered either oil or butter for the bread (which I should have asked, but smelled and looked that it was made in-house... I ate 4 of them). I almost squealed at how many different flavored ice teas they had. Sidenote: It is a BYOB establishment.

The menu offered so many vegan, vegetarian, and carnivorous options. Also, substitutions for any dish with whole wheat or gluten free, and they were open to pretty much creating whatever dish they could for us. Our waiter was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable of the menu. We shared the crab stuffed pepper special and the mushroom tofu app. Both were great. We got soy mozzarella on the mushroom and it was sublime (the same brand/recipe that Candle 79 in NYC uses, I swear). We got the wild salmon and the tofu parmigiana for mains. The only small criticism is that they didn't seem to be skilled tofu chefs. It was cut a little thick and not marinaded enough, but that's me being picky. All in all it was wonderful. And of course you have all the gelatos for dessert!

Will definitely be back again. And finally I think I've found a place better than Sprig & Vine that my mother will eat at.

• Visited February 2013
Lambertville, NJ
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The new place is lovely. Same great food now in a spacious location that remains cozy and warm and welcoming.

Visited January 2013
“Caffe Galleria - party of 2,”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The food is excellent. The herbivore and carnivore can dine together without compromise. The new location is fantastic, if you are a party of two you can get close enough to hear each other talk. The beautiful hardware floors and the tall ceilings make the acoustics,,, challenging to say the least. The desserts are fantastic. If you know the menu - check out their website - you can choose the perfect bottle of wine to bring with you to this wonderful BYOB restaurant. Our last visit was Sunday evening. It's even louder on a Friday or Saturday. With the right group of family or friends the noise is not a problem. This is one of my top three restaurants in the New Hope / Lambertville area.

• Visited January 2013
Lambertville, New Jersey
“Lovely new space, great food!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

After a brief hiatus due to a flood Caffe Galleria is back. The new location, a beautiful mansion on Union Street serves to enhance the overall dining experience. Our part started with the Mediterranean platter, full of yummy specialties including hummus, baba ganoush, feta and olives. It was plenty large for all of us and a delicious way to start the meal. Everyone enjoyed their entrees, which included eggplant rollatini, fresh fish (halibut that night) with a choice of sauce, a steak and a chicken and scallop tangine. The eggplant dish was excellent and served over a choice of pasta (I had whole wheat). WHile we were too stuffed for dessert, next time we plan to taste the delicious looking gelatos. Yum -- highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013