“Best Mexican food I've ever had!!!”
Review of Tortuga's Cocina - CLOSED

Tortuga's Cocina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
“Best Mexican food I've ever had!!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have been a regular at Tortuga's for a few years now. I love love love the food. The regular menu has a lot of delicious choices- my favorite is the creamy chipotle shrimp! The specials are always REALLY good too.
I have brought many friends with me to Tortugas in the past and they always beg to go back.
I highly suggest that you check out this restaurant, even if its just to pick up some of the pico and guacamole. They are so fresh and delicious its unreal!!

“Worst service I have ever had”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We called in advance and had reservations after finding this apparently lovely restaurant walking around one afternoon. Showed up and were made to wait 10 minutes, while we looked at our table and were told it wasn't ready. They than seated us without ever touching the table. We waited about 10 minutes for our waitress to take the drink orders, 4 waters, 3 margaritas, and a beer. It took 20 minutes for 3 waters to show up, and our appetizer order to be taken. The appetizer than showed up 10 minutes later, followed by 3 margaritas, the beer and water were nowhere to be seen. We asked for them, the beer arrived. I had to request my water an additional 3 times, and was told the glasses were too hot to be filled with ice and water...not sure that's possible even when glass is first formed into a cup. 20 minutes rolls by and I get a water. The appetizer is now gone and sitting on the table not being cleared. We have tried our margaritas and they are not even remotely drinkable. They Almost tasted like tonic water had been added to them. We were never asked how they were or able to order something else. When the food finally arrived over and hour after initially being seated, it was mediocre, at best. Too much cilantro, over cooked, almost no spice, and only 3 of 4 entrees arrived. Nothing was said about the missing entree. Kept trying to get the wait staffs attention to find out where it was and was completely ignored. When we did get our waitress, she blamed it on a food runner being new. New or not, she should have spoken to us and told us the situation. The missing entree took 20 minutes to come out, and was only taken off the bill after we asked how it was fair to have someone wait when everyone else was already done eating. All in all the wait staff ruined our experience. The food was eatable, but not worth the poor service, or the price.

Lambertville, New Jersey
“Family favorite”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Fresh ingredients, friendly staff and great dishes makesTortuga's Cocina our families favorite restaurant. We are never disappointed in our meals and love the unique twist that Tortuga's puts on menu items like their fish taco and vegitables.

• Visited October 2012
NJ
“Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Love it here.....their address really is 13 and a 1/2 too! It's not fancy at all....it's clean and the service is always friendly. They have delicious authentic food and the portions are outta control. Their guacamole is one thing I'd change a little. We Lways add lemon juice and a little salt. The chips are fresh and always hot and the beans that come with most meals are to die for. I looooove them. They are so delicious and creamy I don't know how to explain it....I've asked about the recipe and ingredients but Chef won't give them up:(
It's just good ole authentic, inexpensive Mexican food you can enjoy outside on patio or inside. You feel at home and their specials are always a hit as well. I'm a big empanada and chimichanga fan so that's what I always order and love:)

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank TommysGirl62913
“The best Mexican in jersey!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

After reading all of the reviews I had to check this out. When you first see the restaurant you think your in the wrong spot , the outside looks shady. Dead wrong, once inside it's a burst of Mexican smells and decor. The food was great , seasonings in the dishes perfect & overall a great dining experience. The reviews were correct & we will be taking the hour ride very soon to get the best mex we have ever had!

2 Thank Sildi