“Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tortuga's Cocina - CLOSED

Tortuga's Cocina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
NJ
“Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Love it here.....their address really is 13 and a 1/2 too! It's not fancy at all....it's clean and the service is always friendly. They have delicious authentic food and the portions are outta control. Their guacamole is one thing I'd change a little. We Lways add lemon juice and a little salt. The chips are fresh and always hot and the beans that come with most meals are to die for. I looooove them. They are so delicious and creamy I don't know how to explain it....I've asked about the recipe and ingredients but Chef won't give them up:(
It's just good ole authentic, inexpensive Mexican food you can enjoy outside on patio or inside. You feel at home and their specials are always a hit as well. I'm a big empanada and chimichanga fan so that's what I always order and love:)

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TommysGirl62913

“The best Mexican in jersey!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

After reading all of the reviews I had to check this out. When you first see the restaurant you think your in the wrong spot , the outside looks shady. Dead wrong, once inside it's a burst of Mexican smells and decor. The food was great , seasonings in the dishes perfect & overall a great dining experience. The reviews were correct & we will be taking the hour ride very soon to get the best mex we have ever had!

2 Thank Sildi
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Tortugas in a turtle shell”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Okay, now, I have been to all three of the Tortugas and this is my absolute favorite (with the one in Princeton being a close second).

The guac was amazing! They serve you a huge plateful. (The pico was amazing too.) For dinner, I had the combo with two enchiladas one sauteed veggies and the other guac. The veggies used were fresh - which a lot of places skimp and us the frozen ones. It was filled with zucchini and broccoli. I just had the leftovers for breakfast - YUM!

The setup is a little confusing; it is at the back of a bar, which makes it difficult to find, but the friendly service makes up for it!

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank GinaGilligo609
Flemington, New Jersey
“If you love Mexican, you must go here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stopped here on the way back home from our whirl-wind jersey shore vacation. So glad we did. Best Mexican we have had on the East coast. More Tex Mex than 100 % authentic Mexican. Tilapia fish tacos to die for. Fantastic Verde, guacamole, and salsa. Mouh watering Carne Asada (medium rare - not over cooked). Not a large children's menu, but plenty for them on the menu. Located in an old building, but very cool outdoor patio. My atmosphere rating is based on the outdoor seating since that is where we sat. We will be back very soon!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Rupert J
PHILADELPHIA, PA
“Top Notch Mexican Food and Drinks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Tortugas is incredible. THe margaritas are phenomenal(get the 1800 silver version). The food is fantasic and you won't be disappointed. It's down a small alley of a side street in Lambertville and is very charming whether you sit inside or outside on the patio.

My wife and I travel to Mexico frequently and are probably what you would call Mexican food and drink snobs. We love a good margarita and Mexican meal. We've had a hard time finding a good Mexican restaurant in the suburbs. We love El Vez in Philadelphia and Dos Caminos in New York City. The food and drinks at Tortugas are on par with those restaurants. Anyone who says differently must have the wrong place!

• Visited August 2012