“Taste Buds Love Tortugas”
Review of Tortuga's Cocina - CLOSED

Tortuga's Cocina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
“Taste Buds Love Tortugas”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

If you wrote a bad review, your taste buds have left the building. I have eaten Mexican in many different parts of the US and nothing has ever compared to the taste, quality and price of Tortugas. Go, go now and order the flautas or the fish tacos.

“Always great! Our favorite Mexican place!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We make a special trip to drive to get to Tortuga's. There are other places in Lambertville that we want to try but can't make ourselves go elsewhere when we come here. The food is always excellent and the price is right! Don't walk, run to Tortuga's! Order the fish tacos; you won't be disappointed!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I went to Tortuga's for a family meal with my wife and two sons. The food was very good and prices are reasonable. I had the special chiles rellenos (one cheese, one with shredded pork) and they were excellent. My son had the chicken mole which was definitely good but not the most complex mole I've had. My wife had a burrito that everything but the kitchen sink in it that she enjoyed very much and my other son had chiminchangas that he said were good.

Their salsa was homemade and delicious. However, only a tiny bowl was provided to the table and there is a charge for refills. If you ware going to charge, which I understand, the small refilled bowl should at least be filled. It wasn't.

The bar service is from an adjoining bar and our waitress was very slow to get drinks and never checked if another was needed. I flagged her down for my second beer but my wife never got a second drink. Oddly, it seemed like you could also BYOB but I am not certain - call and ask if that is what you want to do.

I will go back since the food was good and if I can BYOB then I can avoid some of the issues I had and perhaps it was just a bad night for our waitress. I would also try it with friends when in the mood for a casual dinner.

• Visited July 2012
Jamison, Pennsylvania
“Not worth the trip.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Surprised by all the good reviews! Disappointed when we walked in. Place needs a makeover from Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. The server was disinterested from the start. Fish tacos were tasteless. Pork dish was the same. Just spicy. Dirty Joint. Stay away! Much better Mexican fare down in Warminster at Rey Azteca for half the price.

• Visited August 2012
flemington
“OK”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We went to Tortugas the other day with a group of 8 - a 6:30 reservation. They had run out of steak - so could not have carne assada or steak fajitas - two of my favorite mexican meals. The service was extremely slow - think they needed a few more waitresses. The food was good - not great. This was a little disappointing, since the first time we went to this restaurant the food was much better. Do not go if you are in a rush.

• Visited July 2012