“New Lambertville favorite”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

After a day of wine tasting in the area, we stopped at Lambertville for dinner. With reservations for 9, we arrived in three cars. Finding parking is problematic in Lambertville, and with a bridal shower wrapping up at Lilly's, we did have to wait a while to find a parking spot. It would have been nice to have sat out on the patio overlooking the canal (I've seen it while riding past on my bike on the canal trail, and looks like a great spot for outdoor dining), but we neglected to request it while making our reservations. So instead, we sat upstairs. Lilly's has a kind of 19th century look to it, well maintained, with a comfortable atmosphere.

The food in general was very good for our group, but my steak was a bit chewy, and I would have liked my "medium-well, closer to well done" to have been cooked more thoroughly. Steak sauce was required, although it did come with mushrooms which was appreciated. Lilly's is BYOB, but does sell New Jersey wines by the bottle at about a 2x premium (around $30+ per bottle), still reasonable for a restaurant. We opted to open up a few bottles we had just purchased on our wine tasting tour. My creme brulee dessert was better than average. Those who ordered cake split with their partners and still left some behind. The coffee was above average for a restaurant. The bill for nine came to just over $300 plus tip (wine not included).

Bottom line is we'll be back again, maybe for lunch when we can sit outdoors and enjoy the canal view. I suspect Lilly's is cozy in the wintertime. I can just imagine a cozy dinner on a snowy winter eve.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We ate with friends at Lily's on a beautiful fall evening. Everything was perfect.
Our server was polite and attentive.
We enjoyed the eggplant fries; the pasta special and swordfish specials were delicious. There is something for everyone on the menu.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner here. I was with a big group and everyone had something different but I will say the big hit was the lamb chops over spinach and mashed potatos. If it's on the menu - try it...

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had dinner here one Friday evening with a friend and found the whole experience to be extremely delightful. We chose outdoor seating along the D & R Canal path, a very charming and private courtyard. Lamb was excellent, along with seafood dishes. Best yet, the coconut cake, a very large serving that was adequate for the three of us.

Not only were the main courses great, but do remember to save room for a desert!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I wanted to love this restaurant, really I did, but it was quite the opposite. Overall, the food was the biggest disappointment. My boyfriend and I invited two of our closest friends. I, as well as one of our friends, ordered the salmon and shrimp pasta special. When our dishes arrived, the salmon was microscopic and we had about 4 small shrimp each. When we expressed our dissatisfaction to our waitress, she dismissed our complaint with a smile and a bad joke.

Although their desserts looked delicious, we opted to have it across the street at Lambertville Station out of sheer principle. I am so happy we did. The evening ended wonderfully. Our only regret was that we didn't have dinner there, too.