“Great food, great service, and its BYOB!”
Review of SIAM Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food was wonderful and we will surely be back. My boyfriend got a seafood platter that he loved and I got their ginger chicken. A little too much ginger, but the curry steak app and amazing desserts made up for it!

1  Thank lbeam90

Reviewed June 28, 2013

There are plenty of accurate reviews here already. Still, as "the doggie" went back recently after a 5 year hiatus, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth.

Went with a group of 5 and had a delightful meal.

Mee Krob, a fried noodle dish as a starter was a little sweet and a lot savory - hints of all sorts of Thai spices. Another shared starter was squid, which was tender not chewy and in a vinaigrette sauce with raw onions - also quite nice.

Various other dishes shared were Green Thai Curry, Salmon, and Pad Thai - all standard Thai dishes but very well executed. We even shared a couple desserts - Mango and Sticky Rice.

The place is BYOB, which keeps the price down. We were out the door for $25 each, which included an overly generous tip (sometimes that happens when you're with a large group).

Only (small) complaint would be that it is a tad loud. Despite the carpeted floor everything else is pretty stark and echoey - no table cloths, tall ceiling, sparse decorations on the walls. They could help that out pretty easily.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Once upon a time Siam was the only place in the New Hope/Doylestown/Newtown area where you could get Thai food. Any Thai food. That has changed and now we have about five choices. Still, Siam continues to produce good quality, varied taste Thai food in a friendly and easy atmosphere. The flavors are unique and they do a wonderful job with fish. One noticeable omission on the menu was noodles - they don't offer any drunken noodles which is a standby at the other local Thai places.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I haven't eaten Thai food in about seven years and I'm glad I tried it again at SIAM. I was worried that it would be too spicyvbut the staff there were very nice explaining everything, making some reccomendations and preparing the best tasting Thai food I ever had. Oh, and it's a BYO!!!

1  Thank Phillyburbs1
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It is no joke. I grew up in the NYC metro area and Siam is my unqualified favorite restaurant of all time. I love everything about Siam. The atmosphere is very casual, so don't go expecting a fine dining experience. But the food is absolutely consistent and perfect every time and reasonably priced considering the food quality. I've been eating at this establishment for about 20 years now and it has not changed a bit. The staff treats you like old friends, and this restaurant is part of what makes Lambertville great.
The green curry chicken is a personal favorite, my pal and I often share a giant pot of it and don't even have to see menus. We often joke that they put a habit forming drug in the curry sauce, it is other worldly good. Other favorites include whole fish with red chili sauce, charred beef-lime salad, glass noodles, pork with peanut sauce, and Chinese broccoli with garlic sauce.

Five stars all the way. BYOB.

2  Thank SHolzmer