“Very good food but service could be improved”
Review of Rick's - CLOSED

Rick's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This is a small neighborhood restaurant with simple decor and an Italian menu. Entrees are priced in the mid 20s. The wait to be seated can be lengthy, in part because the restaurant may sometimes be understaffed or the staff may be inattentive. Our party waited a good ten minutes even though the table had been set for awhile. When shown to the table, we were told that the only one available was in the back room where the staff converses about what orders need to go where and, on this occasion, complains to one another. That placement made for a considerably less pleasant dining experience than would otherwise have been the case, especially since tables became available in the main room. While I would recommend Rick's for the food, service is part of the experience and a little more thoughtfulness on this dimension would have raised my rating significantly.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Get there early, it's a very small place and quickly gets crowded and the service then slows down. Not good for more than 4 people in a party. BYOB. Salads and red or white mussels are very good. I love the scallops over mashed potatoes and the seafood medley over pasta is terrific. My wife and I have had many enjoyable meals here.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great food and fun crowded atmosphere. The butternut squash ravioli with brown butter sage sauce is amazing. Also brussel sprouts. BYOB

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We went there last weekend for dinner for 4 with friends last weekend at 8pm Saturday night. We had great time and food was spot on - very tasty. I had lobster fra diavlo - it might have been a special or off menu. My wife had chicken parmigiana. My friends wife had seafood medley and he had salmon. All wear fantastic. I had my usual tartufo dessert. Just wish they had a cappuccino machine.....

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at Rick's this past Saturday night. We live in area and have been there couple times a year. She had chicken parmigiana and I had fish. Service was good, atmosphere great and tartufo dessert spot on. Entrees were hot but devoid of any flavor or taste. Like it was cooked without spices or salt. We were both disappointed that it was not up to usual quality.