“Great Atmosphere!”

Hamilton's Grill Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Hamilton's Grill Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 48 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Union Street
Description: Garden seating inside and out. Catering on and off site: Weddings, Cocktail Parties, Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal / Baby Showers, Anniversaries, Graduations, Fundraisers, Birthdays, Christening / Confirmations, Bar / Bat Mitzvahs, Holiday Celebrations, Business Events, Corporate Meetings, Team Building -Cooking Classes. Established in 1986. Canal side, nestled in the European charm of a courtyard near the Delaware River and surrounded by quaint antique shops and art galleries, it is the remarkable creation and signature of award winning Broadway set designer and restaurateur Jim Hamilton, & reflects his one-of-a-kind signature style. Warm, soulful and sophisticated, the Grill Room remains one of the most romantic & unique places to dine in the Northeast. As owner of the popular Hamilton's Grill Room in Lambertville-NJ, Jim Hamilton is well-known in the restaurant and arts community, and his years as a theater set designer gained him a reputation on Broadway and beyond.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Recently stayed in Lambertville, and was reccomended the Hamilton Grill. The fact that it is off the main drag was appealing. We started with a cocktail at the Boat House (highly reccomend), and then made our way over to the Grill. We had two appetizers (the Beets in Pesto YUM, and crab cakes small but YUM), we split the scallop dinner. We both thought the Scallop dinner was to small to split but our waitress us assured it was plenty. In deed it was perfect. I felt the ambiance was fantastic. We sat in the open area with all the windows and nice lighting. I love BYOB's and I love intimate settings. So for us this rest. was a hit!

Enjoy!

1  Thank Lauren W

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The location is quaint, nestled in the side streets of Lambertville. We had an early reservation so the place was pretty empty, yet when we asked to sit at a table that wasn't in the main thoroughfare, we were begrudgingly seated elsewhere.

The service was lackluster, the waiter was distant and seemed distracted . The table bussing was just bizarre. After the first course, they removed all the cutlery first, including what was on our plates, and the plates then were scraped at the table...

The menu contained little that couldn't be prepared by a halfways competent chef at home, yet the prices were more New York than central New Jersey.

I had the seafood sausage, the day's special. It was more of a mousse, light but with little flavor. My wife had the prosciutto and fig, note the singular. It was tasty, but cut too thick. Disappointing for appetizers in the mid to high teens.

We both had scallops, which were well prepared with a paltry portion of something termed risotto and green beans. At $35 for four medium scallops, there are better values elsewhere.

We ordered the fruit crisp, only to be told that one portion remained... at about 8 p.m. on a Saturday. Overall at $150 for two, including tax and tip, but with no wine (it's BYOB), it hardly represented value for money. Were it not for the bread, we would have left hungry.

And the menu was illegible...

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I'm a local and I love eating at Hamilton's. I find the food and atmosphere to be wonderful. I have dreams about their grilled shrimp in anchovy butter- it is perhaps the most delicious thing I have ever eaten. The outside area is beautiful and inside there are many different vibes in their dining areas. I love the whole energy of the place and the handwritten menu with the quote is adorable. I enjoy bringing friends here but I even went alone a couple of weeks ago because the food is that good. Never pass up the shrimp appetizer & don't skip dessert either!! BYOW & make a reservation.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My recent dinner at Hamilton Grill was a disappointment. Four of us had different appetizers and each dish was pronounced some version of "not so good". For instance, the tomato used for the sliced Jersey and bleu cheese appetizer was quite unripe and tasteless. It is the height of the tomato season in NJ... if the chef doesn't have decent tomatoes - then take the dish off the menu. The entre reviews were mixed. My steak was good but the mashed potatoes and string beans that accompanied it were subpar - a pile of almost watery potatoes, and bland string beans. The desserts were OK but nothing special and quite small - not enough to share. If HG wasn't BYO, this would have been a wildly overpriced meal.

This isn't what I remember from past visits (a couple of years ago). The atmosphere and the good service is what HG has going for it - both excellent. Next time I go to HG I will bring lower expectations for the food.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

A perfect way to compliment a stay in Lambertville! I highly recommend Hamilton Grill for consistency in excellent food, good service and great ambience