“Dining price not worth the service”

Lambertville Station Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lambertville Station Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lambertville New Hope Bridge
Description: Lambertville Station Restaurant has been serving American Cuisine in a landmark building for over 34 years. Located on the banks of the Delaware River in a refurbished train station. Choose from dining outside overlooking the Delaware Canal, inside in one of many dining rooms or in the Wine Cellar. Each have a unique ambience. We source many of ingredients locally and prepare items with the highest quality ingredients. Some Station specialties are New Zealand Rack of Lamb, Scallops and Shrimp over lobster risotto, and our hand crafted Crab Cakes. Enjoy a variety of tapas, flatbreads, homemade chocolates, and an extensive wine list in the Wine Cellar.
Morganville, New Jersey
“Dining price not worth the service”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We went to the station restaurant for our 1st anniversary because we were given a gift certificate to the restaurant for our wedding. Unfortunately, what we expected and what we experienced was a bit of a letdown. For the dining prices, we expected white linen table service. Instead, we got a frayed placemat smeared with butter, dirty glasses, and paper napkins.

When we were shown to our table, there was a placemat on the seat which the girl seating us removed. But, we had to move the existing table placemats and settings across the table to where we would be sitting. It was a table for four and only two placemats with settings had been placed at the far end of the table. After moving the placemats across the table, I noticed that I had a sticky hand. When I asked the girl who seated us about having the table cleaned again. She asked what I had touched. I told her the placemat. She felt the placemat then checked my hand and told me to go to the restroom to wash my hand. I asked her for a towlette instead. She said that she was not allowed and did not have anything of that sort and that it would be best for me to go to the restroom to wash my hand. After I came back from the restroom, I noticed what had gotten my hand sticky. It was a smeared bit of butter on the upper left edge of the frayed placemat. Very difficult to see in the low light. So, I placed a tissue over the butter smear. Dinner continued uneventfully until my husband was presented with his port flight. Two of the four glasses had lip smears on them. Given the response we had received when we were seated, we didn't tell anyone about the dirty glasses. Instead, we made due by drinking from the "clean" side of the rims.

This is not the type of service we expected for the price.

• Visited June 2011
4 Thank Homey-Traveler

Hunterdon County, NJ
“Not What I Expected”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Ordered a steak that was way to gristly that came with very bland sides. This is a higher-priced venue and for the prices I paid, I expect a much better meal. The staff was great, and I would like to come back to make sure I didn't experience an "off-night".

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank theseacret
Lambertville, New Jersey
“Good for lunch ... not for dinner”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We took 6 people for dinner for a special occasion. We live in Lambertville and frequent this restaurant for lunch and have never been disappointed. However, dinner was not good - in fact, not one of us enjoyed our meal and the service wasn't great either. A waste of about $400.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank LesNj
Clinton, Mississippi
“Food, service just average to acceptable.”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

The ambiance is great with a view of the main street and canal but the food and service were just so-so. We had a chicken salad that was kind of tasteless. It came with coconut bread but we did not get it with our meal... had to catch the waitor and ask for him to bring it. Overall we felt we had to keep an eye out for the waitor so we could get what we needed. In all, a pretty fun place to eat with a super location but the food is not at all memorable. It is clean, friendly and the food is well presented but leaves you wanting. There are many tastier choices in the Lambertville/New Hope/Lahaska area but none of them have any better setting; its just the food that is lacking in taste. And after all, isn't dining out mainly about enjoying the food?

• Visited May 2011
Hopewell, New Jersey
“it has gone downhill from the 90s and early 2000s, decent food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

the quality of food at this restaurant used to be stellar. exceptional. gourmet quality, even had some weird game choices for appetizers and on dinner menu. now it's just pretty good. nice presentation, i always like the coconut bread. the historic location is awesome, and the atmosphere is very nice. the cute desserts we had (lemon sorbet served in the lemon, ice cream in a flower pot with a flower sticking out) were adorable if kitsch-y. but this used to be my family's serious celebration restaurant, and now it is disappointing, especially for the prices.

• Visited August 2010