“Excellent Meal”
Review of Manon

Manon
Reserve with OpenTable
Manon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 50 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We just experienced Manon for the first time. It's very quaint and cosy inside and most important our food was outstanding. My husband ate the Bouillabaisse and loved it. I ate the peppercorn steak, exactly how I remembered it in France, and not made over creamy like most other restaurants tend to make the sauce. Salads were also excellent, not overdone with dressing, fresh greens. The only reason I would not give it 5 is that the noise carries in there so you can hear all conversations going on around you. Nothing the owner can do about that unfortunately. Windows need a really good clean too...sounds bizarre but it was distracting and this is something that could easily be taken care of. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We have been several times to Manon but it loos like it getting more tired every time we go. The ingredient that are being used are excellent but they don't really come together like they could. E.g. The bouillabaisse was not a soup with fish but fish with a sauce. The restaurant has way more potential. Manon is tired, hopefully they wake up before it is too late!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We took a couple of our friends from Paris to dinner at Manon. All of us were thrilled with the food.
In particular the warm goat cheese salad, mussels and sea scallops were possibly the best we have ever had any where - ever. The atmosphere is cozy and we like BYOB. The service was slow and inconsistent but it appeared that our male waiter was really doing all the work and the female waitress was either inexperienced or "off her game"...However since we were not in a hurry this only added to the charm and entertainment value of the experience. The restaurant was completely full and I can see why.Great experience - fabulous food. I would certainly go there again and recommend it to any foodie who wants a nice slow wonderful dining experience!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have been dining at Manon for decades. A cozy place with excellent food - the duck and sea bass are particularly notable.

It's a little cramped, and the service is sometimes slow, but the great food and the fact that it's BYOB will keep us coming back.

1  Thank Steve T
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This place can easily be missed if you’re just walking by, but once you know the address, you won’t miss it. Look like a single family standalone house has been converted to a restaurant. It has an interesting décor with a ceiling painted with reproduction of Van Gogh’s Starry Night, but in my opinion, the place is a little darker than it should be.
Food-wise, the place is very good. All the dishes that I have tried were perfectly prepared. The portions are of a normal size so that if you order an appetizer, a main course and a dessert, you will not leave this place hungry. Among all the dishes that I have tried, I liked the duck (it is half-a-duck, not just a leg or a breast), bouillabaisse, and for dessert the ice cream with nougat. If you order coffee, the waiter is going to bring a small French Press to the table so you know it wasn’t brewed this morning and being heated all day long.
The service is also very good. Our waiter was very knowledgeable of all the dishes, was able to explain what they were when asked, and all his recommendations were great. Oh, I forgot to mention that this is a BYOB place. Whenever you’re in this area, I highly recommend visiting this place, you will not be disappointed.